Separation (manufacturing technology)
In the classification of the manufacturing processes according to DIN 8580 , cutting forms the 3rd main group: The DIN ordinal number of the individual cutting processes begins with 3.
- 3.1 Cutting (DIN 8588): Cutting of material parts without generating shapeless material (chips, powder or the like) by mechanical means . The most important group is shear cutting (punching).
The following two groups are summarized in practice and specialist literature on machining . They are based on the fact that parts in the form of shapeless material ( chips ) are mechanically removed from a workpiece . It is the main group of separation.
- 3.2 Cutting with a geometrically defined cutting edge (DIN 8589-0): turning , milling , drilling and others.
- 3.3 Machining with a geometrically undefined cutting edge (DIN 8589-0): especially grinding
- 3.4 Ablation (DIN 8590): Based on the removal of particles in a non-mechanical way, e.g. thermally or chemically, with the creation of shapeless material . These include flame cutting , plasma fusion cutting , spark erosion and others.
- 3.5 Dismantling (DIN 8591)
- 3.6 Cleaning (DIN 8592)
- Alfred Herbert Fritz, Günter Schulze (ed.): Manufacturing technology , Springer, 9th edition, 2010, p. 2.