Viviane Baladi (born May 23, 1963 in Switzerland ) is a Swiss-French mathematician who deals with dynamic systems .
Baladi studied mathematics and computer science at the University of Geneva with a diploma in 1986 and a doctorate with Jean-Pierre Eckmann in 1989 ( Fonctions zêta, fonctions de corrélation et etats d'équilibre pour quelques systèmes dynamiques non Axiome A ) She is Research Director of the CNRS in Paris ( Institute de Mathématiques de Jussieu), with which she has been since 1990, interrupted from 1993 to 1999 when she taught at ETH Zurich and the University of Geneva. In 2012/13 she was a professor at the University of Copenhagen . In 2006/07 she spent a year at IMPA in Rio de Janeiro.
Since her dissertation she has been dealing with dynamic zeta functions, in the development of which she was significantly involved (as was David Ruelle ). Furthermore, she deals with the spectrum of Ruelle operators, probabilistic analysis of algorithms, speed of decorrelation and linear response in dynamic systems.
She was invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians 2014 in Seoul ( Linear response, or else ) and in 2000 at the European Congress of Mathematicians in Barcelona ( Spectrum and statistical properties of chaotic dynamics ).
She is a French citizen.
She is on the editorial board of Results in Mathematics and its Frontier Areas (Springer Verlag), Publications Mathématiques de l'IHÉS and Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré (Probability and Statistics) and was co-editor of Astérisque (2011 to 2018) of the SMF, the Annales Scientifiques de l'Ecole Normale Supérieure, the Journal of Statistical Physics, Nonlinearity, and Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems.
- Positive Transfer Operators and Decay of Correlation, World Scientific 2000
- with G. Keller: Zeta functions and transfer operators for piecewise monotone transformations, Communications in mathematical physics, Volume 127, 1990, pp. 459-477
- with Lai-Sang Young : On the spectra of randomly perturbed expanding maps, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 156, 1993, pp. 355-385
- with M. Tsuji: Anisotropic Hölder and Sobolev spaces for hyperbolic diffeomorphisms, Annales de l'institut Fourier, Volume 57, 2007, pp. 127-154
- with B. Vallée: Euclidean algorithms are Gaussian, Journal of Number Theory, Volume 110, 2005, pp. 331-386
- with Marcelo Viana : Strong stochastic stability and rate of mixing for unimodal maps, Annales scientifiques de l'Ecole normal supérieure, Volume 29, 1996, pp. 483-517
- Periodic orbits and dynamical systems, Ergodic theory and dynamical systems, Volume 18, 1998, pp. 255-292
- with D. Ruelle: An extension of the theorem of Milnor and Thurston on the zeta functions of interval maps, Ergodic theory and dynamical systems, Volume 14, 1994, pp. 621-632
- with D. Ruelle, J.-P. Eckmann: Resonances for intermittent systems, Nonlinearity, Volume 2, 1989, p. 119
- Dynamical Zeta Functions and Dynamical Determinants for Hyperbolic Maps, Results of Mathematics and its Frontier Areas , Springer 2018
- ↑ Viviane Baladi in the Mathematics Genealogy Project (English)
- ^ Invited section lectures. In: Seoul ICM 2014. International Congress of Mathematicians , accessed September 8, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French-Swiss mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 23, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Switzerland|