Waldemar Ternes is a German food chemist and university professor. He is also known as the author of extensive textbooks and encyclopedias on food science.
Ternes first learned to cook, in 1973 he passed the master chef examination in Frankfurt / Main. From 1977 to 1982 he studied food chemistry in Hamburg, where he passed the second state examination for food chemistry in 1984. Between 1983 and 1985 he carried out research for his doctorate at the Chemical Institute of the University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover under Harald Rüssel , in 1985 he obtained his doctorate in analytical chemistry. rer nat. From 1986 he was a university assistant at the Institute for Food Science at the University of Hanover . In the same year he conducted research on food analysis for mineral deficiency diseases in Brazil. In 1991 he qualified as a professor in food science, and in the same year he was appointed professor for food chemistry at the Lippe University of Applied Sciences in Lemgo .
In 1994 Ternes was appointed to the professorship for analytical chemistry at the Chemical Institute of the University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover. The professorship is also part of the Center for Food Science at the University of Veterinary Medicine.
His teaching and research areas are above all teaching in analytical and inorganic chemistry, food ingredients with functional properties, scanning cyclic voltammetry as a detector for HPLC , biotransformation and biosynthesis of egg ingredients, chemistry and physics of the egg yolk and the metabolization of food ingredients and Contaminants.
He is also the technology transfer officer of the Veterinary University Foundation in Hanover.
- Biochemistry of the elements: inorganic chemistry of biological processes , Springer Spectrum 2013, ISBN 978-3-8274-3019-9 (also doi : 10.1007 / 978-3-8274-3020-5 ).
- Scientific fundamentals of food preparation , 3rd revised edition, Hamburg: Behr 2008, ISBN 978-3-89947-422-0 .
- with Gerhard Dongowski a. a. (Ed.): Lexicon of food and food chemistry , Stuttgart: Wiss. Verl.-Ges. 2007, ISBN 978-3-8047-2275-0 .
- (Ed.): Lebensmittel-Lexikon , 4th, comprehensively revised. Edition, Hamburg: Behr 2005, ISBN 3-89947-165-2 Pp.
- (Script with Annelen W. Quint): Food law for food technologists , Hamburg: Behr 1994, ISBN 3-86022-214-7 .
- (Ed.), With contributions by Ludwig Acker a . a.): Egg and egg products , Berlin; Hamburg: Parey 1994, ISBN 3-489-63114-5 .
- Literature by and about Waldemar Ternes in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography on behrs.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German food chemist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|