Wiener Neustädter racecourse
|Wiener Neustädter racecourse|
|Template: Coordinate / Maintenance / Stadium|
|owner||Wiener Neustädter RC Edelweiß cycling club|
|start of building||1921|
The Wiener-Neustädter Rennbahn was a cycling track used in Wiener Neustadt in Austria in the 1920s , on which, among other things, national championships were held. It had a length of 400 meters and was built as a cement railway. The sports facility was located on a plot of land on Wöllersdorfer Strasse.
The Wiener Neustädter Radrennbahn was built by the Wiener Neustädter Radsportclub RC Edelweiß and was also owned by the club. The building, which is in the context of the Wiener Neustadt workers 'movement , in particular the workers' gymnastics and sports movement, was preceded by a resolution by the local council on January 21, 1921 after a plot of land on Wöllersdorfer Straße was dedicated to racing. The “Bicycle Club” Edelweiss then had both its own and external funds for racing track construction at its disposal.
During various group hikes, the Wiener Neustädter Rennbahn was also open to other club groups. The Austrian professionals from the Association of Austrian Professional Drivers also trained on the Wiener-Neustädter Rennbahn .
For the "Railway Championships of Austria" on October 5, 1924 for both the aviation and the standing championships , the Austrian federal driver of the Austrian Cyclists' Association Theodor Fux senior accepted the nominations of the drivers until September 30th of that year. The entry fee at the time was 10,000 crowns and was later reimbursed to the starters. With the standing nomination, the name of the pacemaker also had to be announced.
For June 21, 1925, the Wiener-Neustädter Rennbahn was the venue, among other things, of the Austrian State Railroad Championships for both the pilots and the championship of Lower Austria, but not as usual over 50, but only over 25 kilometers. On the same day, the racecourse was also the finish point of the race for the road championship in Lower Austria.
On April 30, 1927, the German racing cyclists Erich Vinzelberg, Adolf Weber and Paul Nettelbeck competed against the Austrian professional drivers on the Wiener Neustädter Rennbahn . All races were won by German drivers, with Austrian Franz Wilschke winning only in the main three-lap drive . Just days later, the Austrian cycling association announced upon a warning of the Sports Committee of the Federation of German Cyclists (BDR) in front of the so-called "troop race," a study of the behavior of the three "rich German driver" Vinzelberg, Weber and Nettelbeck to which "the matter well had divided them well [... in such a way that the] Austrian drivers would probably not have come up against them under any circumstances. "
The Wiener Neustädter Radrennbahn was temporarily run parallel to the Hernalser Rennbahn in Vienna .
- Karl Flanner : Free yourself! On the history of the Wiener Neustadt workers' gymnastics and sports movement , Wiener Neustadt: ASKÖ-District Association Wiener Neustadt, , p. 51; limited preview in Google Book search
- o. V .: Track races in Wiener-Neustadt .. In: Sportblatt am Mittag / Sport-Tagblatt. Sports edition of the Neue Wiener Tagblatt , April 28, 1925, p. 6 (online at ANNO ).
- Oskar Hirth (Red.): Cycling / track racing in Wiener Neustadt. In: Sportblatt am Mittag / Sport-Tagblatt. Sports edition of the Neue Wiener Tagblatt , May 2, 1927, p. 6 (online at ANNO ).
- O. V .: Cycling / The Federal Railroad Championships of Austria. In: Reichspost , October 4, 1924, p. 9 (online at ANNO ).
- n.v .: cycling. In: Sportblatt am Mittag / Sport-Tagblatt. Sports edition of the Neue Wiener Tagblatt , March 1, 1928, p. 6 (online at ANNO ).
- o. V .: cycling / track races in Hernals / ... / tomorrow's club games / for the Austrian track championships .... In: Sportblatt am Mittag / Sport-Tagblatt. Sports edition of the Neue Wiener Tagblatt , September 27, 1924, p. 10 (online at ANNO ).
- v .: Rennbahn " Cycling. / The day of the cycling championships .. In: Oesterreichische Kronen-Zeitung. Illustrirtes Tagblatt / Illustrierte Kronen-Zeitung / Wiener Kronen-Zeitung , June 20, 1925, p. 8 (online at ANNO ) .
- o. V .: Cycling / The BDR against the troops. In: Sportblatt am Mittag / Sport-Tagblatt. Sports edition of the Neue Wiener Tagblatt , May 11, 1927, p. 5 (online at ANNO ).