As early as 1998 Shani had the idea of a multi-perspective thriller about gangsters and police officers who meet over several time levels and live in their own world. After he got to know Scandar Copti , they developed the idea from 2002, which was to be filmed in 2009 under the title Ajami . Ajami has received national and international critical acclaim and film awards. After receiving the Israeli Ophir Film Award for Best Picture , it was automatically entered for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film and was selected as one of five nominees.
- 2003: Disphoria
- 2009: Ajami
- 2013: Life Sentences
- 2018: The Love Trilogy I: Stripped
- 2019: The Love Trilogy II: Chained / Eynayim Sheli (in German: my eyes)
- 2019: The Love Trilogy III: Reborn
Awards and nominations (selection)
- 2009: Award for the best film with Ajami
- 2009: Award for Best Director by Ajami
- 2009: Award for the best cut by Ajami
- 2019: Awarded the Haggiag Award for Best Israeli Feature for Chained
- Bijan Tehrani: A conversation with Yaron Shani about making of Ajami. (No longer available online.) In: cinemawithoutborders.com. January 30, 2010, archived from the original on March 12, 2011 ; accessed on February 18, 2019 .
- Matt Bochenski: Yaron Shani. The Ajami director reflects on the critical reception to his film and discusses the politics of her native cinema. (No longer available online.) In: littlewhitelies.co.uk. September 28, 2010, archived from the original on December 15, 2010 ; accessed on February 18, 2019 .
- The Love Trilogy: Stripped in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- The Love Trilogy: Chained in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Eynayim Sheli - Chained. In: berlinale.de. Retrieved February 18, 2019 .
- The Love Trilogy: Reborn in the Internet Movie Database (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Israeli filmmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tel Aviv-Jaffa , Israel|