Aberdeen Asset Management
|Aberdeen Asset Management
|Seat||Aberdeen , UK|
|management||Martin Gilbert ( CEO )|
|Number of employees||2,800|
|sales||1.2 billion pounds|
|As of September 30, 2015|
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC is a UK based asset management company based in Aberdeen , Scotland . The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange with the symbol ADN and is part of the FTSE 250 index .
The company was founded in 1983 as part of a management buyout . Through several acquisitions , Aberdeen Asset Management has grown strongly in recent years. Sun acquired Aberdeen Asset Management in 2008 by the Dresdner Bank , the DEGI German society for real estate funds . In 2015 it managed more than £ 283 billion . Around 90% of this comes from institutional investors .
In January 2007, Aberdeen Asset Management opened a branch in Frankfurt am Main with a team of five . In 2008 Aberdeen took over the German Society for Real Estate Funds. In the 2010/2011 financial year, the German branch managed total assets of 9 billion euros and was one of the largest foreign asset managers in Germany.
In 2015 and 2016, Aberdeen Germany bought various properties in Leipzig , Munich and Berlin and transferred them to a special fund . As of October 1, 2016, the Management Board of Aberdeen Asset Management Germany was restructured and downsized.
- ↑ a b Annual Report and Accounts 2015 (English), www.aberdeen-asset.com, accessed on September 7, 2016. PDF, 11 MB.
- ^ Report and Accounts - Group - Annual. In: www.aberdeen-asset.com. Retrieved September 7, 2016 .
- ↑ Company - Global. (No longer available online.) Aberdeen Asset Management, archived from the original on April 21, 2009 ; Retrieved February 9, 2014 .
- ↑ Becker strengthens the German team. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. March 21, 2007, accessed February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ Changes in the board of directors of Aberdeen Germany. In: Finanzwelt. September 29, 2016. Retrieved February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ LifePR (c) 2002-2017: Aberdeen Asset Management tops last year's excellent result in Germany - Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited - Niederlassung Frankfurt - press release. Retrieved February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ Aberdeen buys residential buildings in Leipzig. In: Haufe. December 10, 2015, accessed February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ Aberdeen buys 275 apartments from Strabag Real Estate in Munich. In: Haufe. April 11, 2016, accessed February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ Berlin: Aberdeen buys a projected residential building in Köpenick. In: Haufe. July 28, 2016, accessed February 3, 2017 .
- ↑ Fund company Aberdeen restructures management. In: The Investment. September 30, 2016, accessed February 3, 2017 .