Agathon A. Aerni (* 1929 in Bern ; † 2006 ) was a Swiss banker and diplomat .
His father was an authorized officer of a trade bank, his mother was involved in a free church . Agathon Aerni studied economics and law at the University of Bern , Michigan State University (MSU) and Stanford University . 1957/58 he taught at MSU, 1958 to 1960 at San Francisco State College. He then worked as a banker in San Francisco ( Bank of America ). From 1966 he advised the National Bank of Uganda as scientific director on behalf of Swiss development aid .
Aerni was involved in the general management of the Swiss Volksbank "in the development of the international banking business", became honorary consul of Trinidad and Tobago in Bern in 1972 and wrote historical books.
Aerni's estate is in the Bern Burger Library .
- Literature by and about Agathon Aerni in the catalog of the German National Library
- Agathon Aerni in the database Dodis the Diplomatic Documents of Switzerland
- Agathon Aerni in the catalog of the Burgerbibliothek Bern
- ^ Aerni, Agathon A. In: Evelyn Wilson (Ed.): Who's Who in East Africa 1967-68. Marco, Nairobi 1968. Retrieved from African Biographical Archive, p. 54.
- ↑ Willi Wottreng : The Honorary Consul General: Agathon Aerni, an institution in Bern's diplomatic world, died at the age of 76. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung , September 17, 2006.
- ↑ Agathon Aerni's estate in the Bern Burger Library .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Aerni, Agathon A.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss banker and diplomat|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bern|
|DATE OF DEATH||2006|