Ammiël is a masculine nickname. It is of Hebrew origin and means: “God is the protector”.
The biblical name occurs in the Old Testament :
- as one of the 12 spies that Moses sent to Canaan ( Num 13.12 EU )
- as the father of Machir ( 2 Sam 9.4-5 EU ) and ( 2 Sam 17.27 EU )
- as the father of Bathsheba ( 2 Sam 11.3 EU ) and grandfather of her sons with David : Schima, Schobab, Natan, Solomon ( 1 Chr 3.5 EU )
- as the son of the Levite Obed-Edom ( 1 Chr 26.5 EU )
- Ammiel Bushakevitz (* 1986), Israeli concert pianist