Working group on the history of Prussia
The working group for the history of Prussia e. V. ( AGP ) is a historical association for research into Prussian history based in Berlin . The community was founded in 1973 under the name Arbeitsgemeinschaft zur Prussischen Geschichte (APG) ; Manfred Schlenke was the founding chairman . Bernd Sösemann was chairman from 1989 to 2009 . Today it has around 80 members, including renowned Prussian researchers such as Christopher Clark . The current chairman is Professor Thomas Stamm-Kuhlmann ( University of Greifswald ; the association's office is also located there). The association was given its current name on September 30, 2017 together with a new statute. The new headquarters are in Berlin, although the management is also from Greifswald.
The association strives for a critical understanding of Prussian history. He regards it as his task to stimulate and promote research on Prussian history and its communication in schools and the public. The association organizes conferences to achieve its goals. It sees itself as a transfer point for information and connects to the scientific institutions interested in Prussian history (Articles of Association § 1 II.).
The work group's publications include contributions by Bernhard vom Brocke , Barbara Vogel , Thomas Stamm-Kuhlmann , Konrad Jarausch , Kurt Jürgensen , Paul Kluke and Manfred Messerschmidt . In 2002 the annual conference dealt with the Prussian military, in 2006 with “Prussia and the West”. In 2011 and 2012 the annual conference was devoted to the comparison of Austria and Prussia.
- Bernd Sösemann : Working group for Prussian history e. V. 1973-1993. Berlin 1993.
- Bernd Sösemann: Working group on Prussian history. An interim balance. Berlin 2009.
- Official website
- Entry in the Clio online web history directory
- Publications of the Working Group on Prussian History (PDF; 22 kB)
- ^ Website of the association. Retrieved March 20, 2020 .
- ↑ Publications of the Working Group on Prussian History (PDF; 22 kB)
- ^ Report on the conference of the Working Group on Prussian History (PDF; 181 kB) Esther-Beate Körber. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- ↑ Prussia and the West . Ewald Frie. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- ↑ http://hsozkult.geschichte.hu-berlin.de/tagungsberichte/id=4511&sort=date&order=down&search=jens+leuteritz