Labor Court Act
|Title:||Labor Court Act|
|Scope:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Legal matter:||Labor law , procedural law|
|Original version from:||September 3, 1953
( BGBl. I p. 1267 )
|Entry into force on:||October 1, 1953|
|Last revision from:||July 2, 1979
( BGBl. I p. 853 ; p. 1036 )
|Entry into force of the
new version on:
|July 1, 1979|
|Last change by:||
Art. 12 G of June 12, 2020
( Federal Law Gazette I p. 1248, 1276 )
|Effective date of the
|June 24, 2020
(Art. 28 G of June 12, 2020)
|Weblink:||Text of the law|
|Please note the note on the applicable legal version.|
The Labor Court Act (ArbGG) forms the basis for labor jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Germany .
The Labor Court Act primarily defines the responsibilities and composition of the labor courts , the regional labor courts and the Federal Labor Court (§ § 1 ff. ArbGG) as well as the course of the procedure ( § 8 ff. ArbGG) on the one hand in the judgment procedure (§ § 46 ff. ArbGG) and on the other hand in the decision-making process (§ § 80 ff. ArbGG).
In addition to the Labor Court Act - apart from a few exceptions ( Section 46 ArbGG) - the Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) also applies in labor court proceedings .
A labor court law already existed in the Weimar Republic , dated December 23, 1926 ( RGBl. I p. 507). On this basis, from December 24, 1926, a labor court for the German Reich was established; With its final entry into force on July 1, 1927, proceedings could then be brought before the labor courts.
During the National Socialist era , the Labor Court Act remained valid, but changes were made in line with the new rulers. A corresponding new notice was issued on April 10, 1934 (RGBl. I p. 319).
The Allied Control Council Act No. 21 (KRG No. 21) of March 30, 1946 contained the German Labor Court Act , which in turn was based on the original Act of 1926. With the repeal of KRG No. 21 by Act No. A-35 of the Allied High Commission of August 11, 1953 ( OJ AHK p. 2633), it was finally possible to pass a new Labor Court Act in West Germany .
- Thomas Dieterich et al. (Hrsg.): Erfurt commentary on labor law . 11th edition. CH Beck, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-406-60876-6 .
- Hauck / Helml / Biebl: Labor Court Act (ArbGG). Comment . 4th edition. CH Beck, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-406-60555-0 .
- Martin Henssler, Heinz Josef Willemsen, Heinz-Jürgen Kalb: Labor law comment . 2nd Edition. Otto Schmidt, Cologne 2006, ISBN 3-504-42658-6 .
- Schwab / Weth (ed.): Labor Court Act. Comment . 3. Edition. Otto Schmidt, Cologne 2011, ISBN 978-3-504-42678-1 .
- Martin Reufels: Litigation tactics in labor law. Enforcement and defense of claims in typical procedural situations . 4th edition. Nomos, Baden-Baden 2019, ISBN 978-3-8487-4814-3 .
- Text of the Labor Court Act
- History of Labor Justice. Presentation on the justice portal of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (as of 2017), accessed on April 9, 2017.