August von Othegraven
August von Othegraven (born June 2, 1864 in Cologne , † March 11, 1946 in Wermelskirchen ) was a German composer and music teacher.
He worked as a professor of choral singing at the Cologne Conservatory . Gregor Schwake and Herbert Eimert were among his students . The "August von Othegraven plaque" named after him is awarded as a medal and pin in bronze, silver and gold for services to the cultural maintenance and promotion of choral singing. Among other things, he is the composer of the song “A Hunter from Kurpfalz ”.
Von Othegraven was buried in the Melaten cemetery in Cologne . In the Cologne district of Lindenthal he was honored with the naming of Othegravenstraße .
- ↑ Konrad Adenauer and Volker Gröbe: Streets and Squares in Lindenthal , JP Bachem, Cologne 1992, ISBN 3-7616-1018-1 , p. 122f.
- Voss, Bert: August von Othegraven: Leben u. Works. - o. O., 1954. - 304, 37 signed sheets with incl. Grade example ; 4 [typewriter] Cologne, Phil. F., diss. April 2, 1955 (Not for Aust.) IDN: 480608652
- Voss, Bert: August von Othegraven: Leben u. Works. / Bert Voss. - Cologne: Volk, 1961. - 163 pp.; gr. 8 (contributions to Rhenish music history; H. 49) with catalog of works. A. v. Othegraven et al. Bibliography (Pp. 138-160) SG: 13a Signature: DBF D 62/962 IDN: 455321957
- Works by and about August von Othegraven in the German Digital Library
- Sheet music and audio files from August von Othegraven in the International Music Score Library Project
|SURNAME||Othegraven, August of|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German composer and music teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 2, 1864|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 11, 1946|
|Place of death||Wermelskirchen|