Bana Alabed (born June 7, 2009 in Aleppo ) is a Syrian girl who is said to have conveyed impressions of the civil war in Syria since 2011 with her tweets from Aleppo . The tweets were typed by her mother.
In September 2016, she and her mother set up a user account on Twitter . Her first sentence was "I need peace". In the following months, she posted more calls for help and photos from her destroyed hometown. In December 2016, she and her family fled to Turkey, where she received citizenship in May 2017. In June 2017, she was named one of the top 25 most influential people on the Internet by Time magazine . In October 2017 she was invited to the headquarters of the United Nations. Also in October 2017, her life story was published in English in the book Dear World , which has been published since January 2018 under the title I am the girl from Aleppo. is available in German. In March 2018, she performed at the Academy Awards in Hollywood . In April 2018, Bana received the Rising Star Award from The Asian Awards in the UK. Her Twitter account had just over 339,000 followers at the end of October 2018.
- 2017: Dear World , Simon & Schuster , New York, ISBN 978-1-5011-7844-3
- 2018: I am the girl from Aleppo. , Bastei Entertainment , Cologne, ISBN 978-3-7857-2617-4
- #peace. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , July 5, 2018, p. 3.
- Katrin Hörnlein: Children and Politics: Not at all sweet , Die Zeit 53/2016, December 21, 2016
- The Anne Frank of Aleppo , Basler Zeitung , July 11, 2018
- Bana al-Abed: Seven-year-old Twitter from Aleppo is safe - WELT December 19, 2016
- Aleppo: Girl tweeted from the war zone - now she is safe - Video - FOCUS Online December 19, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Bana Al-Abed's mother talks about the latest situation in Aleppo 19-12-2016 - YouTube The TV interview after the escape.
- Bana Alabed: Seven-year-old survivor Aleppo granted Turkish citizenship , The Independent , 13 May 2017
- Stefan Niggemeier : The irresistible story of the tweeting girl from Aleppo. In: Übermedien from July 18, 2017.
- The Syrian girl who tweeted from a war zone has gone to New York , emirateswoman, October 8, 2017
- Megan Specia: Bana al-Abed: From a Syrian War Zone to New York City , The New York Times , October 8, 2017
- Dear World: A Syrian Girl's Story of War and Plea for Peace . In: website of the publishing house Simon & Schuster . Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- I am the girl from Aleppo. . Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Oscars 2018: This happy eight-year-old had the most moving appearance of the awards ceremony , DerWesten , March 5, 2018
- Asian Awards 2018: Recognition with Lots of Glitz and Glamor . Desiblitz. April 29, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Syrian schoolgirl|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 7, 2009|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aleppo|