|Bayer Pharma AG
|founding||December 29, 2006|
|Seat||Berlin , Germany|
Andreas Fibig ,
( CEO )
|Number of employees||37,700 (2013)|
|sales||10.8 billion euros (2012)|
The Bayer Pharma AG (formerly Bayer Schering Pharma AG ), Berlin , is active in the pharmaceutical sector subsidiary of Bayer HealthCare AG . It is therefore assigned to the health sector of the Bayer Group and operates under the Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals brand .
The company was created in 2006 through the merger of the Bayer pharmaceuticals division with the newly acquired Schering AG . After initially trading as Bayer Schering Pharma AG , it was renamed Bayer Pharma AG on July 1, 2011 . This change of name took place in the course of a general strengthening of the Bayer umbrella brand ; the old company name Schering was thus given up.
The company mainly produces in Europe, USA, Asia and Latin America. Around 40,000 employees work for Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals worldwide. The group is represented with over 100 subsidiaries all over the world.
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals is a member of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
After Merck KGaA announced its intention to take over Schering AG on March 10, 2006, Schering AG's management board rejected the offer of € 77 per share just two days later. The first contact between the CEOs of Schering AG (Hubertus Erlen) and Bayer AG (Werner Wenning) took place the very next day. Following the official rejection of the takeover offer by Merck KGaA on March 14, 2014 by the Supervisory Board, further discussions with Bayer followed, which ended in a takeover offer supported by Schering's management. Bayer thus became the white knight of Schering. After further acquisitions on the stock exchange, Bayer announced on September 8 of the same year that it had reached the 95% threshold required to exclude minority shareholders (so-called squeeze-out). The company was renamed “Bayer Schering Pharma AG” Entry in the commercial register effective on December 29, 2006. The squeeze-out took effect on September 25, 2008 through a corresponding entry in the commercial register, but the lawsuits regarding the amount of the severance payment had not yet been finalized.
On March 1, 2011, the Bayer Pharma division was renamed Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals.
The company divides its operational business into the following areas, which are responsible for the following tasks and products:
- Diagnostic imaging
- X-ray contrast media
- Contrast media for magnetic resonance imaging
- General Medicine :
- Men's Health Care
- Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases
- Thromboembolic diseases
- Specialty Medicine
- Preparations for the treatment of leukemia and lymphoma
- Medicines for the therapy of solid tumors and for the treatment of diseases of the central nervous system
- Age-related eye diseases
- Women's Healthcare
- Menopause management
- Gynecological therapies
- Wilhelm Bartmann: Between tradition and progress. From the history of the pharmaceutical divisions of Bayer, Hoechst and Schering from 1935 to 1975. Stuttgart 2003.
- Appointment of Andreas Fibig; BSP press release from July 25, 2008 ( Memento of the original from August 1, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- the name "Schering". (No longer available online.) Formerly in the original ; Retrieved November 8, 2010 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Figures - 2012 Edition (English) , European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), 49. Retrieved on December 6, 2012 found.
- Squeeze-out entered; BSP press release from September 26, 2008 ( Memento of the original from September 14, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.