Federal First Aid Working Group
The Federal First Aid Working Group (BAGEH) is a working group of the five aid organizations
- Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Germany ,
- German Life Saving Society ,
- German Red Cross ,
- Johanniter Accident Aid and
- Maltese relief service .
The working group was founded in 1988 by the German Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund, the German Red Cross, the Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe and the Malteser Hilfsdienst. The youngest member since 1994 is the DLRG. The working group is based in Berlin . Each year, the respective federal doctor of the member organizations takes over the chairmanship alternately .
The BAGEH is the common mouthpiece of the organizations involved in matters of first aid training vis-à-vis politicians or other associations, such as the German Medical Association and accident insurance carriers ( employers' liability insurance associations ).
- trustful cooperation among all involved in the education of the population in first aid organizations ,
- Uniform training: both technically and in terms of content according to the current state of medical science and through modern teaching methods with corresponding didactic possibilities,
- Education of the population regarding the need for first aid by lay people.