The franchise was founded in 2008 to play in the fourth-rate Tercera División . After winning this league in the 2014/15 season, the team, also known by the nickname Piratas , rose to the third-rate Premier League , in which it was represented in the 2015/16 season. Eligibility to play in the Premier League was given to the club, however, only with certain conditions because it did not have an adequate stadium. Because this situation had not changed after a year, the football team was withdrawn from the league and returned to the Tercera División in the 2016/17 season. The eligibility to participate in the third division Premier League was sold and the Titanes de Saltillo formed from it. The license sale included the option of a buyback within one year if the CD Uruapan should come into the possession of a third division suitable stadium within this time. However, nothing came of that and so CD Uruapan also played in the Tercera División in the 2017/18 season, where the team advanced to the semi-finals and was defeated by the eventual champions Acatlán FC .
- Master of the Tercera División : 2014/15
- Uruapan Virtual: Club Deportivo Uruapan (Spanish; accessed July 5, 2018)
- Club Deportivo Uruapan (CDU) at ascensomx.net (Spanish; accessed on July 5, 2018)
- Club Deportivo Uruapan se va a préstamo con Titanes de Saltillo (Spanish; article from June 24, 2016)
- Definidos Semifinalistas y Finalista ( Memento of the original of July 7, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (Spanish; article of May 28, 2018)