Christa Prets did an office apprenticeship, trained as a sports teacher and led various sports groups until 1994. After moving to Burgenland , she became Austrian in 1968.
She was since 1987 member of the Municipal Council , Deputy Mayor and 1991-1994 Mayor in Pöttsching . In 1994 she became regional councilor and was responsible for culture, science, women, social affairs and sport.
- Member of the ASKÖ Presidium
- President of the Disabled Sports Association Burgenland
- Chairwoman of the "Burg Forchtenstein Fantastisch" association
- 2004: Great Golden Decoration of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2016: Kulturpreis des Landes Burgenland (performing arts, film and video)
- Christa Prets on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Entry on Christa Prets in the European Parliament 's database of MEPs
- Homepage of MEP Christa Prets
- Photo report: A day with Christa Prets
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
- 2016 cultural prizes awarded by the state . Article dated December 15, 2016, accessed September 6, 2017.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (SPÖ), MEP|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 2, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Diez on the Lahn|