Christoph Jahr (born December 9, 1963 in Freiburg im Breisgau ) is a German historian .
Jahr studied history and received his doctorate in 1996 from the Humboldt University in Berlin . From 1997 to 2008 he was a research assistant / assistant there. He completed his habilitation in 2006 and has been a private lecturer at the Institute for History at the HU Berlin since then. From 2009 to 2011 he was a lecturer at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg and from 2012–2013 a deputy professor at the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf .
He researches the history of enemy images, anti-Semitism , the history of the judiciary, the history of science during the Nazi era and the military history of the 20th century.
- Paul Nathan. Publicist, politician and philanthropist, 1857–1927 , Wallstein, Göttingen 2018.
- Anti-Semitism in court. Debates on the legal punishment of anti-Jewish agitation in Germany (1879–1960) , Campus, Frankfurt a. M. 2011 (also: habilitation thesis, Humboldt-Univ. Berlin, 2006).
- Ordinary soldiers. Desertion and deserters in the German and British armies 1914–1918 (= critical studies on historical science , vol. 123), Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1998 (also dissertation, Humboldt-Univ. Berlin, 1996).
Editorships and editions
- "Belgium is a beautiful city"? Results and perspectives of the historical research on Belgium , Waxmann, Münster 2018 (together with Sebastian Bischoff, Tatjana Mrowka and Jens Thiel ).
- Belgica - terra incognita? Results and perspectives of the historical research on Belgium , Waxmann, Münster 2016 (together with Sebastian Bischoff, Tatjana Mrowka and Jens Thiel).
- Camp in front of Auschwitz. Violence and Integration in the 20th Century , Metropol, Berlin 2013 (together with Jens Thiel).
- The Berlin University during the Nazi era , 2 volumes, Steiner, Stuttgart 2005 (together with Rüdiger vom Bruch ).
- Rudolf Lange 1874–1918. Oorlogsgetuige, Brugge 2004 (together with Piet Chielens, Armand Deknudt and Annick Vandenbilcke).
- Enemy images in German history. Studies on the history of prejudice in the 19th and 20th centuries , Metropol, Berlin 1994 (together with Uwe Mai and Kathrin Roller).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 9, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freiburg in Breisgau|