Constantino Vicente Gaito (born August 3, 1878 in Buenos Aires , Argentina , † December 14, 1945 in Buenos Aires) was an Argentine composer .
Gaito received the Conservatory of Naples trained as a composer, conductor and pianist . From 1900 he lived again in his hometown.
Gaito composed, among other things, ten operas , three ballets , an oratorio , four symphonic poems , three suites , five overtures , chamber music works , piano pieces and songs, as well as textbooks for singing and piano lessons.
- I Doria , Opera, 1899-1902
- Shafras , Opera, 1904
- Caio Petronio, escenas romanas , opera, 1911–1914
- String Quartet No. 1, Op. 23 , 1916
- I paggi di sua Maestà , Opera, 1920
- Fior di neve , opera, 1919
- String quartet No. 2, op.33 "Incaico" , 1924
- Ollantay , Opera, 1925
- Cuadro campestre , ballet, 1926
- Edipo , incidental music, 1926
- Lázaro , Opera, 1927
- Antígona , incidental music, 1930
- La sangre de las guitarras , Opera, 1931
- La flor del Irupé , ballet, 1929
- La ciudad de las puertas de oro , ballet, 1947
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Gaito, Constantino Vicente (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Argentine composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 3, 1878|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Buenos Aires , Argentina|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 14, 1945|
|Place of death||Buenos Aires , Argentina|