The philosopher is the author of numerous international publications and speaker around the world. His work focuses on the future of consumption and social change, management and culture, globalization and political philosophy.
David Bosshart trained as a businessman, graduated from the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce in Neuchâtel and completed his studies at the University of Zurich with a doctorate in political philosophy with Hermann Lübbe in 1991, whose assistant he was also.
He worked in scientific research, teaching, consulting and in trading companies. Since 1999 he has been Chief Executive Officer of the GDI Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute . Bosshart is the author of over 300 specialist articles and is represented in numerous media (e.g. Financial Times, Time Magazine, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Frankfurter Allgemeine, Der Spiegel, Die Welt, Wall Street Journal, Hürriyet, Het Financieele Dagblad, CNN, BBC, SF, ORF, ZDF).
In 2011 his book “The Age of Less - The New Prosperity Formula of the Western World” was published, a plea to switch to the age of frugality, better consumption and new prosperity. The book received wide media coverage.
Selection of books
- The Age of Less. The new formula of prosperity in the western world. Murmann Verlag 2011, ISBN 978-3-86774-156-9
- Cheap. The Real Cost of the Global Trend for Bargains, Discounts & Consumer Choice. London u. Philadelphia Kogan Page 2006, ISBN 9780749449933 (also available in German as cheap )
- The future of consumption. How do we live tomorrow Düsseldorf ECON 1997, Korean edition 2004, ISBN 9783430114646
- Add. with Norbert Bolz : cult marketing. The new gods of the market. Düsseldorf ECON 1995, 1995, ISBN 9783430114332
- Political intellectuality and totalitarian experience. Berlin Duncker & Humblot 1992, ISBN 9783428073177
- As a co-author: Toptrends. Metropolitan 1995, paperback 2000, ISBN 3896232401
Selection of studies
- Trend report Basic. Megatrends and Countertrends for Business, Society, and Consumption. GDI Study 2003. 70S. Authors: David Bosshart and Karin Frick (also available in German)
- Radical Trends Guide. The secret longings of the consumer and service markets of tomorrow. GDI Study No. 12. 64S. Authors: David Bosshart, Karin Frick, Stefan Kaiser.
- The Age of Cheap. Why customers intend to pay less and less as prices become more important than ever. GDI Study No. 13. 76S. Authors: David Bosshart, José Luis Nueno, Daniel Staib. (also available in German)
- The Future of Leisure Travel. Trend Report for Kuoni. 2006. Authors: David Bosshart, Karin Frick. 67 p. (Also available in German)
- BANG: The future of evolution. How the convergence of cutting-edge technologies makes humans almighty creators. Authors: Norbert Bolz , David Bosshart, Gerd Folkers, Peter Wippermann, Stefan Kaiser. GDI Study No. 27 2007
- European Food Trends Report. Perspectives for industry, trade and gastronomy. Authors: David Bosshart, Mirjam Hauser. GDI Study No. 29 2008
- Discount forever. How the successful format is preparing for the future. Authors: David Bosshart, Martina Kühne. GDI Study No. 30 2008
- European Food Trends Report: Science versus Romance. Authors: David Bosshart, Christopher Muller, Mirjam Hauser. GDI Study No. 32 2010.
- European Food Trends Report: Consumer Spring - Beginning of a New Eating Consciousness. Authors: Mirjam Hauser, David Bosshart, Christopher Muller. GDI Study No. 40 2013.
- The next luxury: What will be dear to us in the future. Authors: Martina Kühne, David Bosshart. GDI Study No. 41 2014.
- The next organic: the future of good consumption. Authors: Bettina Höchli, Mirjam Hauser, David Bosshart. 2014.
- European Food Trends Report: Bits over Bites: How digitization is redefining food consumption. Authors: Mirjam Hauser, David Bosshart, Bettina Höchli, Jaël Borek, Christopher Muller. GDI Study No. 43 2015.
- Literature by and about David Bosshart in the catalog of the German National Library
- David Bosshart on the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute website
- Bosshart on the Age of Less on the TV show “Aeschbacher” (Swiss television), January 26, 2012
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss philosopher and trend researcher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1959|