German Academy for Metrology
Organizationally, it is affiliated with the headquarters of the Bavarian State Office for Weights and Measures (LMG) and shares a building with it. Together with the LMG headquarters, it has been relocated from Munich to Bad Reichenhall as part of the Bavarian State Government's home strategy "Regionalization of Administration - Relocation of Authorities 2015" . The DAM has officially been based there since January 1, 2020.
The Academy works closely with the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt and the Organization Internationale de Métrologie Légale on various projects on the topics of metrology , standardization , quality testing and quality assurance .
The responsible state authorities bear the costs of the academy; Since DAM was relocated to Bad Reichenhall, the Free State of Bavaria has had a share of 20% in the state where it is based, the rest is allocated to the federal states. The annual expenditure is currently around 600,000 euros, about half covered by participation fees, the other half is financed by the federal states in accordance with the Academy Agreement.
- Training of the technical calibration staff of all federal states
- Technical seminars for the calibration administrations
- Seminars for business and industry
- Expertise examinations for managerial staff of state-approved test centers for utility meters
- Central services for the calibration administrations of all federal states