German protection association for securities ownership
|German Protection Association for Securities Holdings e. V.
|purpose||Representation of shareholders|
|Chair:||Ulrich Hocker (President)|
|Number of members:||30,000|
|Seat :||Dusseldorf , Germany|
The German Association for the Protection of Securities Holdings e. V. (DSW) is the largest German shareholders' association with around 30,000 members . It is also the umbrella organization for around 7,000 investment clubs in Germany. The association is based in Düsseldorf . The main activity is the representation of shareholders at the general meetings of the meanwhile 650 German listed stock corporations . In this context, the DSW has set itself the task of observing the behavior of management boards and supervisory boards of the stock corporations, if necessary to report publicly on this, to submit counter-motions to general meetings in justified cases, to put contradictions on record at the meeting on disputed points or, if necessary, to request special tests. The representatives of the DSW are predominantly lawyers with a corresponding focus on commercial or corporate or stock corporation law.
DSW offers its members the option of assigning individual voting rights or their custody voting rights to DSW, which exercises these voting rights at the general meetings. As a rule, the representatives of the DSW also exercise the right to speak and propose to the general meeting. In addition, German investors are supported in class actions in the USA, as well as investor lawsuits, in particular judicial proceedings, in Germany. In the meantime, 45 arbitration proceedings have been completed and additional payments totaling more than 30 million euros have been made.
The DSW is also a founding member and co-initiator of the initiative Arbeitskreis deutscher Zusammenarbeit e. V. (AdAR).
The association was founded in 1947. Since 1952, the DSW has published the stock exchange magazine Wertpapier , which was already included in the membership fee for members and was last sent every fortnight. In 2001, DSW sold the magazine to the Bauer Group . Since April 1, 2009, the members' magazine has been published together with the weekly magazine Focus Money ; this magazine can be obtained by subscription regardless of membership or can be purchased individually from newsagents.
At the club's headquarters there is an office with full-time management and around 10 employees. The association maintains eight regional associations that have representatives for the eleven old federal states . These representatives are established lawyers in the respective capitals. The right to speak and propose to the general meeting is primarily exercised by the representative in whose federal state the stock corporation has its registered office.
The association's board of directors is a seven-person presidium. Ulrich Hocker has been the president since 2011, and Marc Tüngler has been the general manager - also since 2011.
The DSW is advised in its work by a board of trustees made up of 27 personalities from business and law. Members of the Board of Trustees are, for example, Edgar Ernst, President of the German Audit Office for Accounting DPR , and Alexander Bassen, Professor of Business Administration at the University of Hamburg.
- Annual Report 2017. In: dsw-info.de. Accessed January 30, 2019 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from October 21, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Wolfgang Pott: The other Oetker. In: welt.de . July 7, 2001, Retrieved October 7, 2018 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from June 9, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from May 25, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.