|German Tamoil GmbH
|Number of employees||114 (2018)|
|sales||EUR 2,412 million (2018)|
The German Tamoil GmbH (formerly Hermann Eggert mineral oils ), based in Hamburg is the German subsidiary of the Libyan Tamoil group. The company operates a refinery in Hamburg-Harburg and a network of filling stations under the brands Tamoil and HEM ( H amburg E ggert M ineralöle) .
The family business was founded on April 1st, 1925 under the name Herrmann Eggert Kohlenhandelsgesellschaft . After heating oil was added to the delivery program in 1954, it was renamed Hermann Eggert Mineralölvertrieb GmbH (HEM) and later Hamburg Eggert Mineralölhandelsgesellschaft mbH .
In the period that followed, the establishment of a nationwide network of petrol stations began. From 1982 to 1987 they cooperated with Elf Mineralöl GmbH . In addition, the North German Free Tankstellen GmbH (NTG) was founded in 1989. In 1991, a cooperation agreement was signed with the Libyan owned company Oilinvest International . The HEM was renamed HEM-Deutsche Tamoil GmbH. In 1993 Oilinvest acquired the majority of the shares in HEM. At the end of 1996 Oilinvest took over 100% of the company and the company name was changed from Hamburg-Eggert Mineralölhandelsgesellschaft to Deutsche Tamoil. In 1999 Deutsche Tamoil was integrated into Holborn Investment Co. Ltd., a subgroup of Oilinvest; thus the refinery in Hamburg-Harburg was attached to the company. In 2001 the company withdrew from the wholesale business and focused on developing the end-consumer business with the aim of further expanding the existing petrol station network.
Since being taken over by Oilinvest, the company has been able to expand its network of petrol stations significantly and is now not only represented in the original regional area, but now throughout Germany.
The filling station network with around 375 filling stations is operated under the Tamoil and HEM brands . Until the end of a long-term partnership in January 2014, Anton Willer Mineralölhandel operated 25 filling stations under the HEM brand in Kiel and Schleswig-Holstein.
In August 2015 the headquarters were relocated from Elmshorn to Hamburg.
Since April 2019 it has been possible to pay directly from the car via ryd pay at over 300 HEM petrol stations, as well as some Aral and BFT petrol stations . The app compares and navigates to the petrol stations listed there with the help of Google Maps .
Remaining of other petrol stations of the Eggert Group
Under the leadership of the family business in 1995 Eggert was parallel to the sale of the Hamburg Eggert mineral oils , the HEM Petroleum AG , which in 1997 Eggert mineral oil AG renamed. The brand name EM was introduced. In 2001, the Eggert family sold their majority shares in Eggert Mineraloel and Norddeutsche Tankstellen AG, including all of their petrol stations, to Aral .
In February 2002, Deutsche BP took over 51 percent of Aral and acquired 100 percent of Aral on April 1, 2002. The accompanying requirements of the Federal Cartel Office made it necessary to sell a “northern package” of 800 Aral / BP petrol stations. This also included the Eggert Mineraloel and NTG Norddeutsche filling stations.
On March 1, 2003, the Polish company PKN Orlen acquired the so-called Northern Package from Deutsche BP, including the former EM gas stations, and changed the flag of the gas station network with 500 stations to the brands " Orlen " and "Star".
- Annual financial statements as of December 31, 2016 and management report. (PDF 1.7 MB) Deutsche Tamoil GmbH Hamburg, KPMG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, accessed on September 20, 2017 .
- Willer renames his gas stations. In: Kiel News. January 25, 2014, accessed February 14, 2014 .
- See register entry at Hamburg District Court HRB 137573, search at http://www.handelsregister.de/
- Mobile payment for the petrol pump: "ryd pay" available at over 300 HEM petrol stations. April 16, 2019, accessed August 26, 2019 .
- Mobile payment with the mobile phone at the pump. In: ryd germany. Retrieved on August 26, 2019 (German).
- Refuel, click, go! In: it-zoom.de. April 15, 2019, accessed April 15, 2019 .
- Bundesanzeiger Tamoil: Annual financial statements for the financial year from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012 at www.ebundesanzeiger.de; Accessed February 10, 2014
- Annual Report of Deutsche Tamoil GmbH 2014. In: hem-tankstelle.de. Retrieved December 29, 2016 .
- Annual report of Deutsche Tamoil GmbH 2015. In: hem-tankstelle.de. Retrieved December 29, 2016 .