Ekaterina Dafowska won gold over 15 km at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano and bronze over the same distance at the 1995 World Championships in Antholz and 1997 in Osrblie . In the World Cup, she won five races up to February 2005, her best placement in the overall World Cup was fourth in the 2002/03 season. She is married and her son was born in 2000. In 2006, after her fourth Olympic Games, she ended her career. Then she opened a hotel. Since May 2010 she has been President of the Bulgarian Biathlon Association.
Biathlon World Cup placements
The table shows all placements (depending on the year, including the Olympic Games and World Championships).
- 1st - 3rd Place: Number of podium placements
- Top 10: Number of placements in the top ten (including podium)
- Points ranks: Number of placements within the point ranks (including podium and top 10)
- Starts: Number of races run in the respective discipline
|Status: end of career|
- Ekaterina Dafowska in the IBU database (English)
- Ekaterina Dafowska in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Дафовска, Екатерина (Bulgarian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bulgarian biathlete|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 28, 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chepelare , Bulgaria|