Heritage and Mission
|Heritage and Mission|
|Area of Expertise||Catholic theology|
|publishing company||Beuroner Kunstverlag, Beuron ( Germany )|
|Frequency of publication||quarterly|
|Editor-in-chief||Albert Schmidt OSB|
Heritage and Mission. Benediktinische Zeitschrift - Monastische Welt is the German-language magazine of the Beuron Benedictine Congregation .
The magazine deals with current issues of religion. Also Jewish , Muslim and Protestant authors assume "Catholic" position issues to classical. Known heritage and order , not least for his detailed reviews of recently published books.
The magazine was founded in 1919 as a Benedictine monthly for the care of religious and spiritual life . It ties in with the magazine Sankt-Benedicts -immen, which had been published since 1877 and which was published by the Emmaus Monastery in Prague until 1918 . The St. Benedict's votes could not be continued when almost all German-speaking monks had to leave the Emmaus monastery after the establishment of Czechoslovakia .
The editing of the Benedictine Monthly was provided by Father Paulus Gordan OSB from 1959 to 1968 , who named it Erbe und Mission in 1959 . From 1970 to 2005 Benedikt Schwank OSB was editor of the magazine for many years; since 2006 it has been Albert Schmidt OSB, the current abbot praeses of the Beuron congregation .
Until 2005, the magazine was published every two months, i.e. six times a year. With the change to four numbers a year from 2006, the cover color was also changed (from olive green to red-gray-white). In addition, since the changeover, the German-language edition of the Bulletin of the Alliance for International Monasticism (AIM) has been printed as a special section.
- Tradition and life : a monarchist association in Germany; his club newspaper is also called “Heritage and Mission” .
- Benedictine monthly on the website of the Benedictine monastery in Beuron ( Memento from April 4, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- Lexicon for Theology and Church , 3rd ed., Vol. 11. Herder, Freiburg 2001, p. 702.
- Brigitte Lob: Albert Schmitt OSB, Abbot in Grüssau and Wimpfen. His ecclesiastical actions in the Weimar Republic and in the Third Reich . Böhlau, Cologne 2000, ISBN 3-412-04200-5 , p. 50.
- Foreword by P. Albert Schmidt in Erbe und Einsatz , vol. 82, issue 1, 2006, p. 3f.