The general faces the political leadership and is subordinate to it. Since the military decisions for which he is solely responsible have consequences, he is also required to a great extent to have insight into the higher state of the state.
- in peacetime planning of military options for political conflicts
- in war the restoration of political solutions by destroying the opponent's ability to act militarily
In detail, its tasks are:
- A task force to create and prepare him for the scheduled task
- The organization in the bar to create that enables effective leadership of the task force
- So the task force in the Battle result that he quickly developed the best efficacy (march)
- In combat , the tactical use policies as effective as possible: surprise , concentration of forces, cooperation of all weapons, control , simplicity , Quick action , initiative and motivation of the fighting troops
Generals in History
Clausewitz also mentions the sub-general , who, however, already differs greatly from the general, as he no longer has to bear sole responsibility for many decisions. Thus the dividing line to the general is clearly attributed to the incidental responsibility.