Fiat Ferroviaria

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fiat Ferroviaria

legal form Spa
founding 1917
resolution 2002
Reason for dissolution Takeover by Alstom
Seat Savigliano
Branch Locomotives and railway equipment

FIAT Ferroviaria was an Italian rail vehicle manufacturer belonging to the Fiat Group .


The company's predecessors had existed in Savigliano since 1880. In 1917 the FIAT Sezione Materiale Ferroviario was founded. 1969 began the development of multiple units with electric drive distributed over several cars and active tilting technology , which were known under the name Pendolino .

In 1975 the company was renamed FIAT Ferroviaria Savigliano . From 1988 the name was FIAT Ferroviaria . In 1995 the rail vehicle business of SIG was taken over.

In 2000, Alstom acquired 51% of FIAT Ferroviaria with an option to take over the remaining 49%. The number of Alstom locations in Italy rose to eight, the number of employees to 3,000 and sales to 500 million euros. In 2002, Alstom took over the remaining shares and took over FIAT Ferroviaria completely.


Trains from other manufacturers with Fiat tilting technology

Web links

Individual evidence

  1. Alstom website  ( page no longer available , search in web archivesInfo: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.@1@ 2Template: Dead Link /  
  2. Alstom takes over management at Fiat Ferroviaria. In: Eisenbahn-Revue International , issue 2/2001, ISSN  1421-2811 , p. 61.