|Party leader||Roland Zander|
|Deputy Chairman||Harald Hartmann|
|Place of foundation||Magdeburg|
|Seats in state parliaments|
|Government grants||0.00 euros (as of 2018)|
The Garden Party is a political party in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt , which is mainly active in the state capital Magdeburg . The party was founded in 2013 by citizens who protested against building plans for allotment gardens. It was originally called the Magdeburg Garden Party , the name was changed in November 2017.
In 2014, the Garden Party took part in the city council elections in Magdeburg and won a seat with 1.9 percent of the vote. Initially, it formed a joint parliamentary group with the city councils of the Die Linke party. Later, under the name Magdeburg Garden Party, an independent city council group was formed with city councilors who had been elected to the city council from the lists of other parties.
In the state elections in Saxony-Anhalt in 2016 , the Magdeburg Garden Party received 4,763 second votes (0.4 percent).
The party only competed in the 2017 federal election in Saxony-Anhalt. It received 2568 first votes and 5606 second votes - each 0.0 percent nationwide, in Saxony-Anhalt it got 0.5% of the second votes.
The party submitted a list for the 2019 European elections but was unable to provide enough supporting signatures for approval. In the local elections on the same day, the Garden Party was able to increase its share of the vote to 4.3% and thus received two seats. The city councils together with the city councilor of the Animal Welfare Alliance form the Garden Party / Animal Welfare Alliance.
Parties with the same name
- With the Garden Party of Saxony (GPS) there is a sister party in the state of Saxony .
- The garden party Ffm was founded in Frankfurt am Main on December 14, 2019 .
- Gartenpartei.eu Website of the garden party
- Contribution from the Federal Agency for Civic Education
- Portrait on mdr.de
- Ratsinfo.Magdeburg.de: Garden Party / Tierschutzallianz parliamentary group ; viewed on February 27, 2020
- Gartenpartei.org: Internet presence of the Garden Party of Saxony ; viewed on February 27
- Bundeswahlleiterin.de: Gartenpartei Ffm ; viewed on February 27, 2020