|GasGas Motos Sa
|Number of employees||350|
GasGas Motos Sa is a Spanish motorcycle manufacturer . GasGas primarily manufactures competition machines for trial and enduro sports . The company is based in Salt near Girona and has around 350 employees.
The product range includes off-road motorcycles for the disciplines trial , motocross , enduro , supermoto and quads . In 2005, the market share in Europe for trial motorcycles was 40.8% and for two-stroke enduro motorcycles 28.8%.
In 1971 the Bultaco factory rider Narcis Casas and Josep M. Pibernat founded a motorcycle and accessories store for trials with a price of 600 US dollars. The experience gained through Casas in sport was ultimately incorporated into the design of the Halley 327 trial motorcycle in 1985. 1986 a 14th place in the world championship could be achieved with this machine. In 1990 the GT model was presented. For the first time, a delta box frame and an upside-down fork were installed in a trial machine. This model was successfully used in competitive sports and was a best seller. In 1992, the production of models for enduro sports began. At first these were motorcycles in the 125 cc and 250 cc two-stroke classes. From 1993 to 1996 engines from TM were used before switching to engines that were developed in-house. In 1996 Paul Edmondson won the first Enduro World Championship for the plant. More titles followed in 1999 and 2003. In 2001 a new production building was completed, in which 14,000 to 16,000 motorcycles are produced annually. In 2002 the first enduro motorcycle with an electronic injection system was presented.
In 2015 the company filed for bankruptcy and was then taken over by Torrot Electric.
In October 2019, KTM took over 60% of Torrot Electric and thus GasGas. On July 22nd, 2020 it was announced that KTM would take over the rest of the shares.
The 2017 models from GasGas are:
|Trial without street approval|
|• TXT 50 Boy|
|Road legal trial|
|• TXT 125 Racing||• TXT 250 Racing||• TXT 280 Racing||• TXT 300 Racing||• TXT 250 contact|
|• EC 200 E Racing||• EC 250 E Racing||• EC 300 E Racing|
|• Kids E12||• Kids T12|
The end-of-Europe program was sold to Rieju in March 2020 .
- 1993–1995: Jordi Tarrés , World Championship Trial Outdoor
- 2003–2006: Adam Raga , world title Trial Indoor
- 2005–2006: Adam Raga , World Championship Trial Outdoor
- 1996: Paul Edmondson, world title Enduro 250 cc two-stroke
- 1999: Petteri Silvan , world title Enduro 250 cc two-stroke
- 2003: Petri Pohjamo , world championship title Enduro 125 cc two-stroke
- 2005: Cristobal Guerrero , Junior World Championship Enduro
- 2009: Ludivine Puy France women ranking
- 2010: Ludivine Puy France women ranking
- TORROT - Personal Mobility Interconnected. TORROT ELECTRIC EUROPA SL, August 22, 2016, accessed on August 22, 2016 (English).
- Company: New investor found for GasGas. November 16, 2015, accessed August 21, 2016 .
- KTM takes over 60 percent of competitor GASGAS .
- DGAP-Adhoc: PIERER Mobility AG: Positive result in the first half of the year despite Covid Lockdown (German). In: boerse-express.com. July 22, 2020, accessed August 4, 2020 .
- BLM March Motorrad Handel GmbH: GAS GAS sports motorcycles. Retrieved August 22, 2016 .
- Robert Pairan: GasGas-Technik lives on in Rieju. In: magazin.baboons.de. March 3, 2020, accessed June 29, 2020 .