Gerhard Ammerer studied history and German at the Universities of Salzburg and Innsbruck from 1975 to 1981 . Between 1981 and 1985 he was a contract assistant at the Institute for History at the University of Salzburg and completed a history doctoral thesis and a law degree. He completed both studies with a doctorate. From 1985 he was a university assistant, from 1996 assistant professor.
In 2000 he qualified as a professor at the Faculty of Humanities at the Paris-Lodron University in Salzburg in the subject of “Austrian History”. In 2001 he was appointed associate professor. appointed. In 2009 he completed his habilitation at the law faculty of the Paris-Lodron University in Salzburg in the subject of "legal history".
- The end for sword and gallows? Legislative process and public discourse on reducing the death penalty in the due process under Joseph II (1781–1787) . StudienVerlag, Innsbruck-Vienna-Bozen 2010, ISBN 978-3-7065-4935-6 .
- Gerhard Ammerer, Harald Waitzbauer : The Sternbräu: The story of a Salzburg brewery and inn . Pustet, Salzburg 2015, ISBN 978-3-7025-0776-3 .
- Gerhard Ammerer, Gerhard Fritz (ed.): The society of the non-sedentary: to the lifeworld of stray strata from the 16th to the 19th century; Contributions from the conference on September 29th and 30th 2011 in the Kriminalmuseum Rothenburg ob der Tauber . Didymos-Verlag, Affalterbach 2013, ISBN 978-3-939020-82-0 .
- Gerhard Ammerer, Jutta Baumgartner: The Getreidegasse: Salzburg's most famous street, its houses, shops and people . Colorama, Salzburg 2015, ISBN 978-3-902692-21-4 .
- Homeland street: Vaganten in Austria of the Ancien Régime . Oldenbourg-Wissenschaftsverlag, Munich 2003, ISBN 3-486-56728-4 .
- Gerhard Ammerer, Harald Waitzbauer: Ways to beer - 600 years of brewing culture: With walks through the city of Salzburg and excursions into the surrounding area . City Archives and Statistics, Salzburg 2011, ISBN 978-3-900213-16-9 .
- Gerhard Ammerer, Harald Waitzbauer: Taverns: a cultural history of the Salzburg restaurants . Pustet, Salzburg 2014, ISBN 978-3-7025-0750-3 .
- Literature by and about Gerhard Ammerer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page at the University of Salzburg
- uni-salzburg.at (PDF)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 11, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salzburg|