Guidisme et Scoutisme en Belgique / Gidsen- en Scouts Moving in België
The association Guidisme et Scoutisme en Belgique / Gidsen- en Scouts Moving in België ASBL / VZW (GSB; translation: Boy Scout Movement in Belgium ) is the umbrella organization of the Belgian scout movement . Around 160,000 people are united in the five member associations.
The five member organizations are based on language communities and religions. The scout groups in the German-speaking community of Belgium are part of the French-speaking associations.
In detail, the member associations are:
- in the French Community :
- Guides Catholiques de Belgique (GCB; Roman Catholic, approx. 25,000 members) (also for the German-speaking community )
- Les Scouts - Fédération des Scouts Baden-Powell de Belgique (Les Scouts; close to the Roman Catholic Church, approx. 50,000 members) (also for the German-speaking community )
- Scouts et Guides Pluralistes de Belgique (SGP; interdenominational, approx.4,000 members)
- in the Flemish Community :
As a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts , the GSB represents its member organization in the world scout movement. Three of the organizations are affiliated to both world associations, while for historical reasons Les Scouts only belong to WOSM and the GCB only to WAGGGS.
- 100 ans de Guidisme et Scoutisme en Belgique. (PDF; 2.7 MB) Guidisme et Scoutisme en Belgique / Gidsen- en Scouts Moving in België, accessed on May 4, 2009 (French).