Gunnar Müller-Waldeck (born April 10, 1942 in Bernburg ) is a German author and professor for German studies , especially for literary studies .
Gunnar Müller-Waldeck was born and raised in Bernburg / Saale in 1942, he attended elementary school here and then high school (today Carolinum grammar school ), which he graduated from high school in 1960 .
Müller-Waldeck then studied German and history at the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald , where he received his doctorate in 1975 on aspects of Brecht's reception in GDR drama. His habilitation followed in 1978 on the work of Bertolt Brecht.
Until his retirement he taught as a literary scholar at the University of Greifswald.
Visiting professorships and professorships took him to Lithuania and, since the opening of the border and German reunification , to the USA as well as to Sweden and Finland . The target countries of his lecture tours were Poland , the Czech Republic , Denmark , France and Bulgaria .
Müller-Waldeck wrote numerous publications on the literature of the 20th century, on the literary tradition of the Baltic Sea region and on the so-called trivial literature ( schematic literature ). He is the editor of several yearbooks, conference proceedings and anthologies. He is also active as an essayist, columnist, critic for the press and radio and as a radio play author.
Müller-Waldeck lives near Greifswald. He is the grandson of the Bernburg local poet and dialect author Georg Müller (1864–1933).
- Aspects of Brecht's reception in the GDR drama of the 50s and 60s, presented in the design of the contemporary theme in pieces by Helmut Baierl, Heiner Müller, Peter Hacks and Volker Braun. Dissertation, University of Greifswald, German Studies, Art and Musicology Section, Greifswald 1975.
- As editor: In the garden's dark arbor. Moritats and banter from four centuries. Rostock: Hinstorff. License edition: Düsseldorf: Claassen 1977, ISBN 3-546-44940-1 .
- From the "Tui" novel to "Turandot" - to the development of criticism and the shaping of the intellectual in Bertolt Brecht's work. Habilitation (Dissertation B), University of Greifswald 1978.
- From the "Tui" novel to "Turandot". Berlin: Brecht Center of the GDR 1981.
- As editor: In the garden's dark arbor. Moritats and banter from four centuries. Wiesbaden: VMA-Verlag 1981.
- As editor: Under regret and bitter pain. Bänkelsang from four centuries. 2nd Edition. Rostock: Hinstorff 1981.
- As editor: The dead bride and other morities from the current evil in the world. Reinbek near Hamburg: Rowohlt 1984, licensed edition by Hinstorff-Verlag Rostock. Edition for the Federal Republic of Germany, West Berlin, Austria and Switzerland. ISBN 3-499-15308-4 .
- Marginal figures of literary life in Greifswald in the 19th century. Ceremonial lecture at the 6th plenary meeting of the Scientific Council on May 29, 1987. Ed .: The Rector of the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald. University of Greifswald 1989.
- Literary traces in Greifswald. With photos by Hans-Joachim Dieme. Ed .: The Rector of the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald. University of Greifswald 1990.
- "The art of long unbuilding" - on the wall poem by Volker Braun. Institute for German Language and Literature at the University of Vaasa, 1993, ISBN 952-9769-03-2 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Roland Ulrich: News from home and at home. Memories of Hans Fallada; Conversations - reflections - documents. Edited on behalf of the Hans-Fallada-Verein Greifswald eV 1993, ISBN 3-548-23257-4 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Roland Ulrich: He was the Iron Gustav - the story of the legendary coachman Gustav Hartmann. Frankfurt / M .; Berlin: Ullstein 1994, ISBN 3-548-35464-5 .
- As editor: "In search of home ..." - texts by and about Wolfgang Koeppen. Booklet accompanying the Wolfgang Koeppen exhibition: "My goal was aimlessness". Edited on behalf of the Hans Fallada Association Greifswald eV 1995, ISBN 3-89541-109-4 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Roland Ulrich (eds.): Hans Fallada. Contributions to life and work. Materials from the 1st International Hans Fallada Conference in Greifswald from 10.06. until 06/13/1993. Rostock: Hinstorff 1995, ISBN 3-356-00613-4 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Michael Gratz (Hrsg.): Reason and Myths. Colloquium of the Universities of Greifswald and Aarhus on the topic: Enlightenment Today? (May 1992). Essen: Verlag Die Blaue Eule 1996, ISBN 3-89206-716-3 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Roland Ulrich (ed.) With the collaboration of Uli Ditzen: Hans Fallada - his life in pictures and letters. Berlin: Aufbau-Verlag 1997, ISBN 3-351-03299-4 .
- As editor: Three crowns and a griffin. Germany in Sweden - Sweden in Germany. Bremen: Edition Temmen 1998, ISBN 3-86108-728-6 .
- Gunnar Müller-Waldeck, Michael Gratz (eds.): Wolfgang Koeppen: My goal was aimlessness. Hamburg: Europäische Verlags-Anstalt 1998, ISBN 3-434-52009-0 .
- As publisher: Pegasus on the Baltic Sea beach - between Trave, Oder, coast & lake district. Literature & literary history in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Edited on behalf of the Hans-Fallada-Verein Greifswald eV 1999, ISBN 3-86167-096-8 .
- As publisher: Hedwig Courths-Mahler : The song sounds in my heart - collected poetry around 1900. Neuendorf-Verlag, Neubrandenburg 2000.
- Changes of God. Contributions to a lecture series of the theological faculty on the 60th anniversary of Ernst Barlach's death. Ed .: The Rector of the University of Rostock. By Hermann Michael Niemann; Eckart Reinmuth; Gunnar Müller-Waldeck. Ed .: Karl-Heinz Jügelt; Eckart Reinmuth. University of Rostock, Faculty of Theology, Rostock 2001.
- The "great realist". Hedwig Courths-Mahler or the truth of fairy tales. In: New German Literature . Vol. 535, 2001, pp. 140-155. With a reply from Sigrid Töpelmann: Escape to peace. In: ibid., Vol. 538, 2001, pp. 142-152.
- In the poet's footsteps - a literary guide through Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. With local lexicon, map, route suggestions, selected author portraits, recommended literature and pictures. Rostock: Hinstorff 2003, ISBN 3-356-01018-2 (with Jürgen Grambow).
- The iron Gustav - the story of the legendary cab driver Gustav Hartmann. Berlin: The New Berlin 2008, ISBN 978-3-360-01936-3 .
- As editor: The Baltic Sea of my memories. Childhoods in Mecklenburg and Pomerania. Kiel: Ludwig 2009, ISBN 978-3-86935-017-2 .
- As editor: Georg Müller: Mei Anhalt, wu I am heeme. Dialect stories and poems. Dessau: Anhalt Edition 2009, ISBN 978-3-936383-15-7 .
- As editor: Hans Fallada: Unlucky and lucky child - a fairy tale for children and lovers. Graphic Werner Schinko. Neubrandenburg: Federchen 2010, ISBN 978-3-941683-02-0 .
- Literary exploration of the north. Notes on Scandinavia and Germany. Ed .: Kurt Genrup. Institutions for Kultur- och Medievetenskaper, Etnologi, Umeå Universitet. Ume ° a: Inst.för Kultur-och-Medievetenskaper / Etnologie 2011, ISBN 978-91-7459-242-9 .
- The savage from the Sandwich Islands. Entertaining information about poets, thinkers, strategists and warriors in Mecklenburg and Western Pomerania. Elmenhorst / Vorpommern: Edition Pommern 2014, ISBN 978-3-939680-19-2 .
- Hans Fallada - still. Reflections - memories - conversations - biographical fragments. Elmenhorst / Vorpommern: Edition Pommern 2016, ISBN 978-3-939680-32-1 .
- As editor: Marianne Wintersteiner: This is how it begins secretly - From Hans Fallada to Hannes Valentin. Illustrations Regina B. Apitz. Elmenhorst / Vorpommern: Edition Pommern 2017, ISBN 978-3-939680-38-3 .
- Epilogue and as an editor: Friede Birkner: Our mother Hedwig Courths-Mahler - Experienced, told, remembered. Image research and image processing Helmut Erfurth. Anhalt Edition Dessau, Inh. Regina Erfurth, August 2017. ISBN 978-3-936383-28-7 .
- The cake in the landscape. Entertaining cultural-historical forays into poets, literary places and landscapes in Mecklenburg and Western Pomerania. Elmenhorst / Vorpommern: Edition Pommern 2018, ISBN 978-3-939680-42-0 .
Prizes and awards (selection)
- 2002/2003 as a prize winner from the Humboldt Foundation / Riksbankens Jubileumsfond for a research stay at the University of Umeå ( Sweden ).
- Literature by and about Gunnar Müller-Waldeck in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author and professor for German studies|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 10, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bernburg|