|legal form||Subsidiary of THQ|
|Reason for dissolution||Closure by parent company THQ|
|Seat||Burlington , Massachusetts , USA|
Helixe Games was a development studio of the US software company THQ based in Burlington ( Massachusetts , USA ), which focused exclusively on the development of video games for Nintendo's handheld mobile games Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS .
Helixe Games was founded in July 2000 by Rafael Baptista and Kurt Bickenbach, who previously developed 3D games for the PC . The studio has grown steadily since it was founded and most recently consisted of three development teams. Helixe employees included Dave Konieczny, Jeff Dixon, Chris Bruser, Gareth Hinds, and Christopher D. White, among others. Baptista left the company in 2003.
Among other things, they developed several video game adaptations of Pixar animation films such as Ratatouille or Cars for portable game consoles. The first five games developed were already sold over 1.3 million times worldwide, and over 4 million games were sold in total.
In the Develop 100 , a list of the most successful game companies compiled by the English Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association and Chart-Track, Helixe reached 86th place in 2006, and even 47th in 2007. Please note that this list is only based on UK video game sales.
Helixe was closed at the beginning of November 2008, just like four other THQ development studios, for economic reasons. Several of the former Helixe employees then founded the Boston developer studio DoubleTap Games, which will develop games for the Nintendo DS.
- Rocket Power: Dream Scheme (2001)
- Wild Thornberrys: Chimp Chase (2001)
- Scooby-Doo: The Movie (2002)
- Rocket Power: Beach Bandits (2002)
- Star Wars: The New Droid Army (2002)
- Fairly Odd Parents: Breakin 'Da Rules (2003)
- Jimmy Neutron: Jet Fusion (2003)
- Tak and the Power of JuJu (2003)
- Fairly Odd Parents: Shadow Showdown (2004)
- Tak 2: Staff of Dreams (2004)
- The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer (2004)
- Cars (2006)
- Ratatouille Food Frenzy (2007)
- Wall-E (2008)
- de Blob (2008)
- Curriculum Vitae of Rafael Baptista ( Memento of the original from February 21, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association : Develop 100 .
- Gamasutra : THQ Closes Multiple Studios, Lays Off Staff . November 4, 2008.
- Gamasutra: Helixe Vets Form DS Studio DoubleTap . February 3, 2009