Hoefler & Co.
|Hoefler & Co.|
|Seat||New York City|
Hoefler & Co is an influential font vendors in New York City . Founded in 1989 as "The Hoefler Type Foundry", the two designers Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones worked together from 1999 to 2014 as Hoefler & Frere-Jones ( H&FJ ). After Frere-Jones left, the company has been trading as Hoefler & Co since 2014 .
Tobias Frere-Jones developed the Interstate font in 1993 . It is based on the Federal Highway Administration's signage . Another well-known font from Hoefler is Hoefler Text , which is included in Mac OS X Panther (10.3) .
In January 2014, Frere-Jones left the company and filed a lawsuit because, according to his account, agreements on the division of ownership had not been complied with. In a statement, Hoefler rejected the allegations and at the same time announced the renaming to Hoefler & Co.
- Time Magazine Online: Way Beyond the Basic ABCs , accessed March 19, 2010
- ↑ Typography : About
- ↑ Typography : Biographies ( Memento of the original from January 1, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed on May 24, 2012
- ↑ Hoefler & Co: FAQ
- ^ Font Bureau : Fonts Interstate , accessed May 24, 2012
- ↑ Identifont : Hoefler Text , accessed 24 May 2012
- ^ New York Magazine: A Type House Divided , June 4, 2014
- ↑ Hoefler & Co: "For immediate release" ( Memento of the original from January 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed January 22, 2014