Horst Falke (geologist)
Falke studied at the University of Hamburg and the University of Innsbruck , passed his state examination in 1933 and received his doctorate in 1932. After research stays in Poland and southern Russia, he taught at the Universidad de Concepción from 1934 to 1937 and was then at the Universities of Göttingen, Aachen and from 1939 in Gießen. During the Second World War he worked as a military geologist in Bulgaria . After his habilitation in 1943 (Wealden coal mining in Lower Saxony), he was a private lecturer. After the Second World War, he built the Geological-Paleontological Institute at the University of Mainz . In 1961 he was rector of the university (rector's speech: On the geology of the Mainz basin ).
- The Wealden coal industry in Lower Saxony. Habilitation thesis. University of Giessen 1943. Stalling, Oldenburg 1944, .
- Rheinhessen and the surroundings of Mainz (= collection of geological guides. Volume 38). Borntraeger, Berlin 1960, .
- (Ed.): Rotliegend: Essays on European Lower Permian. Brill, Leiden 1972, ISBN 90-04-03414-5 .
- Creation and interpretation of a geological map. De Gruyter, Berlin 1975, ISBN 978-3-11-001624-6 .
- (Ed.): The continental Permian in central, west, and south Europe. Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute held at the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, 23 September – 4 October 1975. Reidel, Dordrecht 1975, ISBN 90-277-0664-6 .
- Volker Lorenz: Obituary for Horst Falke. In: Annual reports and communications from the Upper Rhine Geological Association. Volume 78, 1996, pp. 27-29 ( online ).
- Bundesanzeiger, Volume 41, Number 195, October 14, 1989, p. 4899
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German geologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 7, 1909|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Trebitz|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 14, 1994|