So far, there is little evidence of the actual history of the mill. Only the Iddelsfeld estate is mentioned since 1222. Then it is said that Heinrich Bützler held the offices of Bach and Forest Protection , which were transferred to his son Jakob Bützler in 1744. It was a full mill, full cloth mill and grain mill that was also used as a drive for a threshing machine .
The mill was registered under number 1083 in the monuments register of the city of Cologne .
- Frank Schulte: The Strunderbach and its mills , in: The Mayor's Office Merheim in the course of time, 1st volume, published by Heimatverein Köln-Dellbrück eV “Ahl Kohgasser”, Cologne 1973, pp. 209f.
- Frank Schulte: The mills on the Strunde , Ed. Bergischer Geschichtsverein, Cologne 1979, p. 57
- Picture book Cologne: Description as a monument , accessed on October 14, 2012
- The Strunderbach and its mills. Retrieved January 20, 2018
- Die Strunde - # 21 - Iddelsfelder Mühle , accessed on October 14, 2012