International New York Times
|International New York Times|
|publishing company||The New York Times Company|
|First edition||October 4, 1887|
|Frequency of publication||Monday to Saturday|
The International New York Times (INYT), formerly the International Herald Tribune (IHT), is an English-language international daily newspaper that is sold daily in more than 160 countries. It belongs to the New York Times Company and has close editorial ties to their daily newspaper New York Times (NYT), which, together with its own staff, supplies it with news and articles. The newspaper is based in Paris . She describes herself as the "Global Edition of the New York Times".
The newspaper was founded on October 4, 1887 by the then owner of the New York Herald , James Gordon Bennett Jr. , under the name Paris Herald as the European edition of his newspaper. After several changes of ownership, the paper was renamed The New York Herald Tribune in 1935 and The International Herald Tribune in 1967, when the owners of the New York Times and Washington Post invested in the newspaper . As of 1991, the newspaper was owned equally by the New York Times Company and the Washington Post Company, although both companies are competitors in the US market.
The New York Times Company has been the sole owner of the newspaper since 2003 , having acquired the Washington Post stake. The merger of the websites of NYT and IHT under the umbrella of the New York Times took place in March 2009; since October 15, 2013 the paper has been published under the name The International New York Times .
The newspaper is based in Courbevoie near Paris. In 2008 Stephen Dunbar-Johnson was appointed editor of the then International Herald Tribune .
The daily newspaper is printed six days a week in 38 locations around the world and sold in more than 160 countries. It has a print run of around 220,472 (2013) and 335 employees. In addition to the print run, all subscribers are offered a digital version of the New York Times , which is also available as an app for tablets and smartphones (including Android , Apple , Windows ).
- Richard Kluger: The Paper. The Life and Death of the New York Herald Tribune . Knopf, 1986, ISBN 0-394-50877-7 .
- New York Times website
- New York Times website for mobile devices (screen size adjustment)
- A Short History of the International Herald Tribune . ( Memento of May 7, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 495 kB) International Herald Tribune
- History . ( Memento of March 12, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) International Herald Tribune; Retrieved May 20, 2010
- Traditional newspaper brand: “International Herald Tribune” disappears. Spiegel Online , February 26, 2013.
- Christine Haughney, Eric Pfanner: At 125 Years, a Rechristening for The Herald Tribune . In: The New York Times . February 25, 2013.
- A Short History of the International Herald Tribune . ( Memento of May 7, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 495 kB) International Herald Tribune; accessed on December 21, 2015.
- Audience & Circulation . The New York Times. , 2015, archived from the original on January 4, 2016 ; accessed on April 16, 2018 (English, original website no longer available).
- Mobile Apps of the New York Times (accessed December 29, 2015).