Cologne Film House
The Kölner Filmhaus is a "center for media education, cinema culture and filmmaking in Cologne " founded in 1981 , organized by the Kölner Filmhaus eV, since 1998 located in the former administration building of the freight yard at Cologne's Mediapark . With over 400 members at times, the Kölner Filmhaus e. V. is the largest free initiative by filmmakers and those interested in film in Germany. The association filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and was dissolved, the listed building is being renovated (as of October 2018).
The association had pursued numerous activities. He organized seminars and training courses, had a technology rental company, young films were made in the production workshop , the Cologne International Short Film Festival short cuts cologne was launched in 1998 by Stephan Sarasi and held there for many years, and finally there was the in-house film house cinema.
The production workshop will be continued by the newly founded association Neuer Kölner Filmhaus eV .
In the back room of a restaurant on Zülpicher Straße, the filmmakers Donatello and Fosco Dubini , a number of students, "but also photo engineers, dissatisfied WDR employees and artists like Birgit Hein " founded the Kölner Filmhaus eV association on April 26, 1981 . V .; it was entered in the register of associations at the Cologne District Court under VR 8185 on September 3. Five years later the association opened an armchair cinema at Luxemburger Straße 72, which was used until 1996. In 1998 they moved into the listed former administration building of the Gereon freight yard at Maybachstrasse 111, which offered space for further training, cinema, technology rental, short film production, the short cuts cologne short film festival and a restaurant. With the exception of gastronomy, all departments were under the umbrella of the Kölner Filmhaus e. V. operated.
Between July and October 2012, among other things, disagreement about the structural development of the association between members and the board led to the resignation of the latter and thus to insolvency. Then the City of Cologne decided in late October, the so-called " escheat ", ie the withdrawal of the ground lease of the property to initiate at the Maybachstraße 111 At the same time founded the Runge TV GmbH, Patrick Finder, the lawyer Thomas Tegeler and the Munich Film workshop with one-quarter of the Company shares the Filmhaus Köln non-profit GmbH and appointed Otto-Georg Schöne as managing director. Shortly thereafter, the newly founded association Neuer Kölner Filmhaus e. V. acquired the shares of attorney Tegeler in Filmhaus Köln non-profit GmbH .
From autumn 2012, the buildings at Maybachstrasse 111, which were under compulsory administration, were temporarily used by various providers, such as the cinema operation by Stephan Sarasi and Felix Seiffert for about four years Continued in 2013 by Christian Locke in cooperation with the City of Cologne, since August 2016 in new premises in Cologne-Mülheim.
In June 2013, Martin Blankemeyer was appointed the second managing director of Filmhaus Köln non-profit GmbH , but when Otto-Georg Schöne left, he was the sole managing director from August. In the summer of that year, the Cologne City Council unanimously approved the joint proposal by the SPD and the Greens to advertise the future use of the film house. This called on the administration to launch the tender in accordance with the requirements of the council and thus create planning security and perspective for the house and the independent film scene in Cologne. From November 2013 onwards, the property again belonged to the city, which in spring 2014 commissioned an appraisal to determine the need for renovation.
This was followed by redevelopment plans, which showed that the need for redevelopment u. a. was higher than estimated due to neglected maintenance measures by the club. The operation of the Filmhauskino ceased from October 2016, the tender for the renovation was issued in January 2017. In the meantime, the Filmhaus Köln gGmbH filed for bankruptcy in winter 2016. A new sponsorship was announced by the city. The renovation work was still ongoing in October 2018, and it should be early 2019 until a new carrier can take over.
- British film scene in the Kölner Filmhaus: November 1984 , Kölner Filmhaus, Cologne 1984
- Klaus Gronenborn: Cinema disasters: the suppressed film history of Karl Valentin , Zelluloid / Kölner Filmhaus, Cologne 1988
- delimitations , catalog for the exhibition of the same name in the Kölner Filmhaus, Red. Sascha Anderson, publisher Kölner Filmhaus e. V., Cologne 1988
- Eva Hohenberger: Retrospective Marguerite Duras , Kölner Filmhaus e. V., Cologne 1990
- 99 years of cinema in Cologne: Silent Films & Music , Kölner Filmhaus, Cologne 1995
- Short cuts Cologne. International Short Film Festival Cologne, Sept. 12-16, 2001 , Red.Hans-Dieter Delkus, Kölner Filmhaus, Cologne 2001
- International Women's Film Festival 11.-15. Oct. 2006 , Red. Carla Despineux and Anna Jacobsen, text in German and English engl., Kölner Filmhaus, Cologne 2006
- Filmhaus Köln gGmbH: Further training and film funding in the Cologne Filmhaus
- New Kölner Filmhaus e. V .: Production Working Group (PAK) in the Cologne Film House
- Ascona Film GbR: Filmhauskino Köln
- Locke film equipment rental at the Cologne Filmhaus
- Gastronomy "maybach Restaurant & Beer Garden" in the Cologne Filmhaus
- http://www.choices.de/der-schluessel-zum-änke - "The key to the closet" by Thomas Linden, Choices 07/11 of July 21, 2011
- Irene Schoor: Conversation with Joachim Kühn, August 2012. In: koeln-im-film.de. 2012, accessed October 27, 2018 .
- Bettina Janecek: Dispute: Filmhaus files for bankruptcy . In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger . ( ksta.de [accessed October 27, 2018]).
- Bettina Janecek: Insolvency: Rescue of the film house failed . In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger . ( ksta.de [accessed October 27, 2018]).
- Sven von Reden: Lights out. The film house cinema closes indefinitely due to renovation. In: Kölner Stadtrevue. October 2016, accessed October 27, 2018 .
- renovation higher than expected: City wants to invest in the film house . In: Kölnische Rundschau . ( rundschau-online.de [accessed October 27, 2018]).
- Filmhausverleih in cooperation with the City of Cologne. Retrieved October 18, 2018 .
- Helmut Frangenberg: New momentum in the provisional: Filmhaus belongs to the city again , Kölnische Rundschau , November 20, 2013
- renovation higher than expected: City wants to invest in the film house , Kölnische Rundschau , May 19, 2014
- The film house in Maybachstrasse is expected to be renovated in the summer . Six months are estimated for the work. Operations must be stopped, the restaurant can remain open. Kölnische Rundschau , January 25, 2016
- Sven von Reden: No waltz with Waldheim. The city has started talks with possible operators of the film house. A comment . In: Stadtrevue . No. 11/2018 . Stadtrevue Verlag, Cologne November 2018, p. 63 .