As a classroom teacher (South German and Austro also Klass teacher ) or class teacher (South German and Austro also Klass Head ) and in Austria also form teacher is called a teacher , of the management of a school class holds. The exact tasks of the class teacher in Germany are usually regulated in the school laws of the federal states.
If in the upper level or in the course level (12th and 13th grade or 11th and 12th in the twelve-year educational path) there is no longer teaching in a class, the class teacher is replaced by a tutor , sometimes called an advisory teacher or college level leader .
The class teacher is the first point of contact for pupils and parents for all school-related questions that go beyond the content of the individual subjects.
The class teacher is usually responsible for:
- Control of compulsory school attendance ( excuses ), (partial) leave of absence up to two days (in Bavaria only school principals and employees)
- Educational influence on the students (for disciplinary and regulatory measures, however, he only has the powers that every other teacher teaching in the class has)
- Preparation of certificates
- Discussion of interim and annual certificates, educational recommendations and the risk of transfer with students and parents
- Connection between school and parents
- guiding the class register the class
- Contact person for other teachers in class matters
- Sometimes the chairmanship and convening of a class conference as well as the certificate conferences (sometimes, e.g. in Bavaria, however, this is done by the school principal or an employee)
- Coordination of the existing regulations (e.g. scope of homework , disciplinary penalties ) with subject teachers
- Support of the class, student council and parental care
- Organization of school trips
- Administration of the class fund (sometimes also the task of the class representative )
- Dispute settlement
- school-specific areas, e.g. B. project days, hiking days, preparation and follow-up of the company and social internships
The class teacher sometimes has a deputy. The class leader can also be the deputy of the class teacher in another class.
In rare cases, a class can have two class teachers with equal rights.
In some school laws, such as B. the Baden-Württemberg, there is no definition for the class teacher. Although generally taken for granted, not every class has to have a class teacher. Likewise, duties and rights are not always specified in the School Act.
- Class teacher . In: GEW Yearbook for Teachers - Handbook of School and Service Law in Baden-Württemberg .
- School Act for Baden-Württemberg (SchG) u. a. §90 online