Manfred van Rey
Rey studied history and Latin at the University of Bonn and received his doctorate there in 1974 under Eugen Ewig on a topic of early medieval history. From 1977 to 1980 he was a research assistant in the archive of the Rhein-Sieg district . Rey then moved to the Bonn City Archives in the same function, and was also its deputy director; from 1990 until his retirement in 2002 he was head of the city archives. In this function he created a photo collection on the history of the city of Bonn as the federal capital. From 2005 to 2013 he was chairman of the sponsoring association for the memorial for the Bonn victims of National Socialism .
Rey is the author of numerous publications on Bonn's city history and the history of the Jews in the region. He was a board member until 2010 and is a member of the board of trustees of the Bürger für Beethoven association and a long-term member of the Oberdollendorf and Römlinghoven home association. Rey was also founding director of the Bonn City Museum . He lives in the Königswinter district of Oberdollendorf .
- The Liège Gaue Condroz and Ardennes in the early Middle Ages: Investigations into the parish organization (= Rheinisches Archiv: publications of the Institute for Historical Regional Studies of the Rhineland at the University of Bonn , Volume 102). Röhrscheid, Bonn 1977 (also dissertation University of Bonn, 1974).
- Life and death of our Jewish fellow citizens in Königswinter: A book of remembrance (= Stadt Königswinter, Der Stadtdirektor: Königswinter in Geschichte und Gegenwart , Issue 1, 1985).
- Bonn city history in a nutshell: From prehistory to the present , Bouvier, Bonn 2001, ISBN 3-416-02944-5 .
- Edition Königswinter in Zeit und Bild (with Ansgar Sebastian Klein ), Königswinter 1992–2011. ansgarklein.de
- Telling contemporary witnesses . Wir Godesberger, May 15, 2010
- Lecture: "Jews in Bonn" , Mitteilungsblatt Windeck, September 10, 2004
- The telephone interview: Jumps for Bonn's weak point . In: General-Anzeiger , Bonn city edition . January 12, 1988, p. 9 .
- Bonn has made a quantum leap since 2001 . In: General-Anzeiger , May 3, 2006
- Retired city archivist ( memento of the original from April 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Interview in LORA Bürgerfunk Bonn
- Klaus Kost takes over from Manfred van Rey . General-Anzeiger , June 10, 2013
- Citizens for Beethoven - Yearbook 2010 . (PDF) p. 24
- Our committees , citizens for Beethoven
- Lecture on the 50th anniversary of the Heimatverein Oberdollendorf and Römlinghoven on October 28, 2012 by Dr. Manfred van Rey (PDF)
|SURNAME||Rey, Manfred van|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and archivist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aachen|