|publishing company||General-Anzeiger Bonn GmbH|
|Frequency of publication||Monday to Saturday|
|Sold edition||59,706 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat)|
|editor||General-Anzeiger Bonn GmbH|
The General-Anzeiger is a regional daily newspaper . The distribution area includes the city of Bonn , the Rhein-Sieg district , the Ahrweiler district and the northern Neuwied district . The sold circulation is 59,706 copies, a decrease of 33.1 percent since 1998. Since June 1, 2018, the General-Anzeiger belongs to the Rheinische Post Mediengruppe .
The publishing house of the General-Anzeiger (General-Anzeiger Bonn GmbH, until 2019 under the name Bonner Zeitungsdruckerei und Verlagsanstalt H. Neusser GmbH) was founded in 1725 as the court printing company of Elector Clemens Augusts by Leonhard Rommerskirchen. It is owned by the Neusser family in the tenth generation. The General-Anzeiger has been published under its current title since 1889. Originally it was a joint project of the two publishers Hermann Neusser (1839–1909) and Carl Hauptmann , until the latter withdrew in 1891 due to differences over the newspaper content, so that Neusser became the sole owner.
In 2005, the Cologne-based publishing group M. DuMont Schauberg acquired shares in the publishing house of now 18% through a cross-shareholding , while Neusser GmbH in turn owned 9.02% in M. DuMont Schauberg. This participation ended in 2016. In April 2018, the General-Anzeiger announced that the Rheinische Post Mediengruppe and the shareholders of the Bonner newspaper printing company had concluded an agreement for the Rheinische Post Mediengruppe to take over all shares in the publishing house. On May 15, the Federal Cartel Office approved the sale; the transaction was completed on June 1, 2018.
In autumn 2017 it became known that the General-Anzeiger and the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger had made illegal sales and territorial agreements in the years 2000 to 2016. To avoid mutual competition, the two newspapers had secretly divided their areas of circulation in the Bonn area. The Bundeskartellamt imposed a million-dollar fine on the Kölner Blatt, and the General-Anzeiger went unpunished thanks to a leniency program.
Together with other regional newspaper publishers, the Bonn newspaper printing and publishing house is also at the regional online classifieds portal H. Neusser GmbH kalaydo.de (since March 2006), the local radio station Radio Bonn / Rhein-Sieg and the local television channel Köln.tv involved.
The General-Anzeiger , like most German newspapers in recent years to rest lost. The number of copies sold has fallen by an average of 3.1% per year over the past 10 years. Last year it decreased by 4.5%. It is currently 59,706 copies. The share of subscriptions in the circulation sold is 88.2 percent.
Development of the number of copies sold
The General-Anzeiger appears Monday to Saturday in nine regional editions, each with differently weighted local sections:
- Bonn city gazette
- Bad Godesberger Nachrichten (with Wachtberg )
- Beueler news
- Rhein-Sieg -Zeitung (left bank of the Rhine) (two issues)
- Rhein-Sieg-Zeitung (on the right bank of the Rhine)
- Rhein-Ahr newspaper
- Honnefer Volkszeitung ( Siebengebirge / northern district of Neuwied ) (two issues)
- Guardian Award of the German daily press 2010 for the series about the " World Conference Center Bonn "
- German local journalist award of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung 2011/2012 for the concept of a family newspaper
- German Local Journalist Award of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation 2012 for reporting on the Trudel Ulmen case
- Online edition of the General-Anzeiger
- 125 years of General-Anzeiger. Anniversary edition, December 1, 2014
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- Helge Matthiesen : On our own account - "That goes well together" . In: General-Anzeiger Bonn . Bonner newspaper printer and publishing house H. Neusser GmbH, Bonn June 6, 2018 ( general-anzeiger-bonn.de [accessed June 6, 2018]).
- Otto Wenig: Book printing and book trade in Bonn . Ludwig Röhrscheid Verlag, Bonn 1968, pp. 194–196.
- Media database. Bonner newspaper printer and publishing house H. Neusser GmbH. Commission to determine the concentration in the media sector (KEK), accessed on January 24, 2016 .
- Ownership and ownership structure of the Bonner newspaper printing company and publishing house H. Neusser GmbH ( Memento of July 30, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) on kek-online.de
- buying rumors in the Rhineland . In: DJV-NRW Journal . ( journal-nrw.de [accessed on April 27, 2018]).
- On own behalf - Bonner General-Anzeiger becomes part of the Rheinische Post Mediengruppe . In: General-Anzeiger Bonn . Bonner newspaper printing and publishing company H. Neusser GmbH, Bonn April 27, 2018 ( general-anzeiger-bonn.de [accessed April 27, 2018]).
- Helge Matthiesen : To the Rheinische Post - Federal Cartel Office approves takeover of the General-Anzeiger . In: General-Anzeiger Bonn . Bonner newspaper printer and publishing house H. Neusser GmbH, Bonn May 16, 2018 ( general-anzeiger-bonn.de [accessed June 6, 2018]).
- Cologne-Bonn cartel: DuMont has to pay 16 million euros for prohibited territorial agreements In: Meedia.de , September 4, 2018, accessed on September 16, 2018
- according to IVW ( online )
- according to IVW , second quarter 2020, Mon-Sat ( details and quarterly comparison on ivw.eu )
- according to IVW , fourth quarter in each case ( details on ivw.eu )