|description||Regional daily newspaper|
|publishing company||Rheinische Post Verlagsgesellschaft mbH ( Germany )|
|First edition||March 2, 1946|
|Frequency of publication||working days|
|Sold edition||268,881 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat)|
|Range||0.73 million readers|
|( MA 2019 )|
|editor||Manfred Droste, Florian Merz-Betz, Irene Wenderoth-Alt|
|Article archive||since 2001, with costs|
The Rheinische Post is a regional daily newspaper headquartered in Düsseldorf and belongs to the Rheinische Post media group . The sold circulation is 268,881 copies, a decrease of 31.9 percent since 1998. The reach is 731,000 readers daily.
The Rheinische Post focuses its reporting on the state of North Rhine-Westphalia . In the Rhein-Kreis Neuss it appears as Neuss-Grevenbroicher Zeitung , in Solingen as Solingen Morgenpost and in the rest of Bergisches Land as Bergische Morgenpost .
The central editorial office of the Rheinische Post is located in Düsseldorf, where topics are analyzed, evaluated and prepared for print and online editions. The Rheinische Post is considered an author's newspaper: 80 percent of the articles are written by in-house journalists. A parliamentary office in Berlin , the central editorial office in Düsseldorf and correspondents in Washington, DC , London , Brussels , Paris and Moscow also provide content for the newspaper. In 2017 the editorial team received five European Newspaper Awards for innovative newspaper design. According to the agency pressrelations, the Rheinische Post is one of the most cited regional newspapers in Germany.
The Rheinische Post has lost a lot of circulation in recent years . The number of copies sold has fallen by an average of 3.3% per year over the past 10 years. In contrast, it rose by 3.9% last year. It is currently 268,881 copies. The share of subscriptions in the circulation sold is 87.7 percent.
Development of the number of copies sold
The Rheinische Post was founded nine months after the end of the Second World War under license from the British military government . Its founders were the newspaper publisher Anton Betz , the politician Karl Arnold and the lawyer Erich Wenderoth , who campaigned for a new political, economic and moral beginning after the Second World War. Since its first appearance on March 2, 1946, the newspaper has stood for democracy, freedom and human dignity according to its self-image. In 1970 the Droste family brought their printing company into the publishing house. The descendants of the founders from the Betz, Droste and Wenderoth families are still the publishers of the Rheinische Post . Since 2014 the Rheinische Post has been working with the Neue Ruhr Zeitung (NRZ) of the Funke media group , which is distributed as a regional newspaper in the western Ruhr area and on the Lower Rhine . It also supplies content for the Westdeutsche Zeitung and the Bocholter-Borkener Volksblatt .
On January 20, 1996, the Rheinische Post went online with its website RP Online ( domain rp-online.de ), which supplements the print edition with current reports and multimedia content. RP Online is one of the largest German news portals and reaches 12.1 million users a month.
On RP Online , the focus is on local reporting. The content is divided into daily news on around 55 city pages, as well as national and international reports from politics, business, sport, digital and culture.
Thanks to its responsive design, RP Online can be used on a computer, smartphone or tablet. In addition, there are u. a. the scene and lifestyle portal Düsseldorf TONIGHT , the young news portal Tonight News , the amateur football portal FuPa Niederrhein and a dating site.
Rheinische Post app
Rheinische Post ePaper
Rheinische Post network meeting
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- MA TZD 2019
- leserservice.de: newspaper subscription ( memento of the original from June 13, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Distribution area of the Neuss-Grevenbroicher-Zeitung . accessed on December 1, 2018
- Visit to the Rheinische Post. Retrieved July 29, 2016 .
- Five "European Newspaper Awards" for the Rheinische Post. November 22, 2017. Retrieved December 11, 2017 .
- Oliver Plauschinat: pressrelations quotations ranking. In: press relations. pressrelations GmbH, February 12, 2018, accessed on July 11, 2018 .
- according to IVW ( online )
- according to IVW , second quarter 2020, Mon-Sat ( details and quarterly comparison on ivw.eu )
- according to IVW , fourth quarter in each case ( details on ivw.eu )
- The editors. Retrieved May 2, 2020 .
- The local newspaper cooperation: Rheinische Post exchanges with Funke , FAZ, June 27, 2014
- The Rheinische Post and the Bocholter-Borkener Volksblatt agree new cooperation. Retrieved February 5, 2020 .
- agof.de: monthly reports on daily digital facts
- Digital media. Retrieved September 19, 2019 .
- Tonight, offered by RP Online. Retrieved September 19, 2019 .
- Tonight news, partner of RP Online. Retrieved September 19, 2019 .
- fupa. Retrieved September 19, 2019 .