Martin Wengeler (born October 25, 1960 ) holds the chair for German linguistics at the University of Trier .
Martin Wengeler studied German literature and geography at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf from 1981 to 1987 . This was followed from 1987 to 1991 by a doctoral degree in German Linguistics and Modern German Literature and Education, which completed in 1991 with a doctorate . In June 2000 Wengeler's habilitation took place at the Philosophical Faculty in the subject of German Linguistics.
This was followed by teaching positions at the University of Osnabrück , a representation for linguistic history and sociolinguistics at the University of Cologne and, in February 2006, the appointment as an adjunct professor at the Philosophical Faculty of the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf. In the 2010/11 winter semester, he was appointed to the Chair of German Linguistics at the University of Trier.
- The language of armament. On the history of the armaments discussions after 1945 . Deutscher Universitätsverlag, Wiesbaden 1992, ISBN 3-824-44105-5 (At the same time: Düsseldorf, University, dissertation, 1991: From defense contribution to modernization, legitimation vocabulary in armaments discussions in the FRG. ).
- with Georg Stötzel : Controversial terms. History of public language use in the Federal Republic of Germany (= language, politics, public. 4). In collaboration with Karin Böke, Hildegard Gorny, Silke Hahn , Matthias Jung, Andreas Musolff, Cornelia Tönnesen. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin et al. 1995, ISBN 3-11-014106-X .
- with Karin Böke and Frank Liedtke : Political key words in the Adenauer era (= language, politics, public. 8). Walter de Gruyter, Berlin et al. 1996, ISBN 3-110-14236-8 .
- Topos and Discourse. Justification of an argumentation-analytical method and its application to the migration discourse (1960–1985) (= Series German Linguistics. 244). Niemeyer, Tübingen 2003, ISBN 3-484-31244-0 (partly available in Google Books ).
- Literature by and about Martin Wengeler in the catalog of the German National Library
- uni-trier.de , accessed on April 18, 2013
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 25, 1960|