Microsoft Internet Information Services
|Microsoft Internet Information Services
|programming language||C ++|
|Official IIS website|
Internet Information Services (IIS) (formerly Internet Information Server ) is a service platform from Microsoft for PCs and servers . They can be used to make documents and files accessible in the network. HTTP , HTTPS , FTP , SMTP , POP3 , WebDAV and others are used as communication protocols . ASP or .NET applications ( ASP.NET ) can be executed via IIS , as well as PHP and JSP with the appropriate installable ISAPI filters .
IIS services can be used on the following Microsoft operating systems: Windows NT Server, Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 , Windows Server 2008 , Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016 , as well as on non-server systems (especially Windows 7 , Windows 8 and Windows 10 ).
With Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional, limited IIS services are supplied as optional components in the respective versions. The number of simultaneous connections is limited to a maximum of 10 and only one website (the “standard website ”) can be set up. It is intended to be used as a pure test and development environment. This IIS Express version is also included in all variants of Visual Studio 2012 .
IIS 7.0 is not only included in Windows Server 2008 , but also in the Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions of Windows Vista . A limited version (maximum 3 connections) is included in Vista Home Premium .
- IIS 1.0 was available as a download for Windows NT 3.51 .
- IIS 2.0 is built into Windows NT 4.0 .
- IIS 3.0 was installed with Service Pack 2 on Windows NT 4.0. It was the first version with the Active Server Pages .
- IIS 4.0 was offered as a download for Windows NT 4.0 along with the Option Pack. The Option Pack offered many other technologies such as Microsoft Transaction Server , Microsoft Index Server , Certificate Server and Site Server Express. With the exception of the last one, all of these products flowed directly into IIS 5.0 under Windows 2000 .
- IIS 5.0 is built into Windows 2000. The product is now called "Microsoft Internet Information Services " (instead of "Microsoft Internet Information Server ").
- IIS 5.1 is built into Windows XP Professional and Windows MCE (32-bit versions).
- IIS 6.0 is built into Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x64 Edition . It was designed from the ground up to solve security problems. Every web server extension such as ASP, ASP .NET, Internet printing, server side includes (SSI) etc. must now be activated explicitly so that unused features do not present potential security gaps.
- IIS 7.0 is built into Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 .
- IIS 7.5 is built into Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 .
- IIS 8.0 is built into Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 .
- IIS 8.5 is built into Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 .
- IIS 10 is built into Windows Server 2016 , Windows Server 2019, and Windows 10 and includes support for HTTP / 2 .
- and configure the web server (IIS) under Windows 10. Retrieved December 13, 2018 .
- ASP.NET and IIS configuration in MSDN