Miodrag Pavlović (born November 28, 1928 in Novi Sad , Kingdom of Yugoslavia , today Serbia ; † August 17, 2014 in Tuttlingen ) was a Yugoslav or Serbian writer.
Pavlović grew up in Belgrade and studied medicine at the University of Belgrade until 1954 . He worked as a doctor and from 1960 as a dramaturge at the Belgrade National Theater . He worked as an editor for the Belgrade publishing house Prosveta. He last lived in Belgrade and Tuttlingen. Pavlović mainly wrote poetry. His literary and essayistic work, which has been translated into numerous languages, has received several awards. It revolves around the question of human and especially childlike memory and the processes of reconstruction and reinterpretation of memory. It deals with the occupation of Yugoslavia by Nazi Germany as well as the disintegration of Yugoslavia and the renewed bombing of Belgrade in 1999. In the German-speaking area, he and his translator Peter Urban received the 2003 Prize for European Poetry from the city of Münster . Pavlović was awarded the Petrarca Prize in 2012.
Fonts in German translation
- The so-called dead , Vienna: Ed. Correspondence, 2013
- Discrepancies, old and new , Leipzig: Leipziger Literaturverl., 2011
- Paradisische Sprüche , Vienna: Ed. Correspondence, 2007
- Aphrodite's Bay , Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp, 2003
- Cosmologia profanata , Vienna: Ed. Correspondence, 2003
- Moving into Cremona , Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp, 2002
- Sacrifice and Temple , Graz: Literaturverl. Droschl, 1993
- The tradition of darkness , Weissach im Tal: Alkyon-Verl., 1994
- Poems , from d. Serb. trans. v. Peter Urban, Frankfurt a. M .: Suhrkamp, 1968
- Literature by and about Miodrag Pavlović in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Miodrag Pavlović at perlentaucher.de
- Miodrag Pavlovic in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Miodrag Pavlović near Suhrkamp
- ^ A b Nico Bleutge: Gesänge vom Krebsgang - On the death of the Serbian writer Miodrag Pavlović . In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung . No. 195 . Zurich August 25, 2014, p. 34 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Pavlovic, Miodrag|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Yugoslav or Serbian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 28, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Novi Sad|
|DATE OF DEATH||17th August 2014|
|Place of death||Tuttlingen|