The Motion Trio is a musical group made up of three Polish accordionists Janusz Wojtarowicz, Pawel Baranek and Marcin Galazyn. It was founded by Wojtarowicz in 1996 and almost exclusively plays its own compositions with strong influences from rock , jazz , Balkan music and classical music .
The Märkische Allgemeine writes on October 23, 2006 under “An evening bursting with musicality”:
“The musical style is an extract from all possible directions of the past and present with a particular preference for the minimal music of Philip Glass or Steve Reich . The suitability of the accordion as a drum was also often explored or enriching sound effects were achieved with light hits on the microphone. "
The Potsdamer Latest News wrote on 23 October 2006 at the same concert in "Pretty loud silence":
"With his virtuoso motor keys Dance fills, Motion Trio 'a previously open musical gap. Janusz Woitarowicz, Pawel Baranek and Marcin Galazyn, who play on ' squeeze chests ' from the famous Italian workshop Pigini, started a successful revolution on the bellows . "
Motion Trio gave a concert on October 20, 2006 in the Nikolaisaal in Potsdam with new symphonic arrangements by Krzesimir Dębski . The German Film Orchestra Babelsberg played under the direction of Scott Lawton .
- Krzysztof Penderecki Prize of the 4th International Competition for Modern Chamber Music
- Polish Music Industry Grand Prix for Pictures
- CD of the year for Cry ( Jazzi , music magazine)
Explanation of the data
- 1999: Cry
- 1999: Pictures
- 2001: Play Station
- 2002: Live in Vienna ( Sacrum & Profanum )
- 2003: Pictures From The Street
- 2007: Metropolis
- 2009: Michael Nyman & Motion Trio
- 2010: Chopin
- 2011: Brahms and Liszt and ...
- 2012: Musorgsky.Prokofiev.Shostakovich.Khachaturian
- 2013: Nic się nie stało (with LUC )
- 2013: City of Harmony (with LUC)
- 2013: Polonium