Mouni Sadhu (born August 17, 1897 in Warsaw , † December 24, 1971 in Melbourne ; actually Mieczysław Demetriusz Sudowski ) was a Polish - Australian author of spiritual, mystical and esoteric literature.
Although he was born in Poland, he (possibly) became an Australian citizen, his application for naturalization dated 1948.
His literary works relate primarily to Western and Eastern spirituality; on western and eastern occultism, including hermetics , as well as the yoga tradition of India. Personally, he was most influenced by Ramana Maharshi .
Literature in German
- Mouni Sadhu: Concentration and Realization , Heinrich Schwab Verlag, Büdingen-Gettenbach, 1958
- Mouni Sadhu: On the path of Sri Ramana Maharshis , Verlagsunion, Büdingen-Haingründau, 1956
Literature in English
- In Days of Great Peace - at the Feet of Sri Ramana Maharshi - Diary Leaves from India - 1952
- In Days of Great Peace - the Highest Yoga as Lived - 2nd ed. Revised and enlarged - 1957
- Concentration - A Guide to Mental Mastery - 1959
- Ways to Self-Realization - A Modern Evaluation of Occultism and Spiritual Paths - 1962
- Samadhi - The Superconsciousness of the Future - 1962
- The Tarot - A Contemporary Course on the Quintessence of Hermetic Occultism - 1962
- Theurgy - The Art of Effective Worship - 1965
- Meditation - An Outline for Practical Study - 1967
- Initiations by Paul Sedir; translated from the French by Mouni Sadhu. - 1967
- Literature by and about Mouni Sadhu in the catalog of the German National Library
- Mouni Sadhu website
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sudowski, Mieczysław Demetriusz (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Polish-Australian author of spiritual, mystical and esoteric literature|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th August 1897|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Warsaw|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 24, 1971|
|Place of death||Melbourne|