As payload ( English payload ) is referred to in the communication technology ones during a communication transported between two partners data of a data packet that no tax or log information included. User data include language, text, characters, images and sounds.
In the case of interleaved protocols ( protocol stacks ), the designation user data depends on the protocol in question: the user data is expanded to include the header information required for the protocol in order to carry out the protocol. The data received are transferred to the underlying protocol layer - and from the perspective of this protocol, in turn, represent user data.
- Andreas Kuntz: Service-based communication via unreliable wireless connections for self-organizing sensor-actuator networks. KIT Scientific Publishing, Karlsruhe 2011, ISBN 978-3-86644-698-4 .
- André Willms: Learning C programming. Begin - Apply - Understand, Addison-Wesley, Boston 1998, ISBN 978-3-8273-1405-5 .
- Christian Baun: Compact computer networks. 3rd edition, Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 2015, ISBN 978-3-662-46931-6 .
- Manfred Lipp: VPN - virtual private networks . Addison-Wesley Verlag, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-8273-2252-9 .
- Andreas Kanbach: SIP - The technology. Basics and implementation of Internet technology, Friedrich Vieweg & Sohn Verlag, Wiesbaden 2005, ISBN 3-8348-0052-X .
- Secure display of user data on a telecommunications terminal (accessed September 15, 2017)
- Separation of user data and metadata in the case of SMS allegedly not possible for technical reasons (accessed on September 15, 2017)
- Procedure for the transmission of user data between subscribers and subscriber facilities for this purpose (accessed on September 15, 2017)
- Basics of data communication and the internet (accessed on September 15, 2017)
- User data segments (data records for data transmission) (accessed on September 15, 2017)