Pan de Azúcar
|Pan de Azúcar|
Pan de Azúcar on the map of Uruguay
|City Presidency||Miguel Plada|
Pan de Azúcar is a city in Uruguay .
It is located in the Maldonado Department in Sector 3 , northeast of the Cerro Pan de Azúcar . The closest further settlements are Gerona in the west and Ruta 37 y 9 in the south. To the northwest there is also Nueva Carrara . Piriápolis is a few kilometers southwest .
On September 7, 1961, Pan de Azúcar was classified in the "Ciudad" category by Law No. 12.908.
With the Liceo de Pan de Azúcar "Prof. Alvaro Figueredo" founded on November 27, 1945, Pan de Azúcar has a secondary school ( Liceo ).
Pan de Azúcar had 6,597 inhabitants in 2011, of which 3,170 were men and 3,427 women.
Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay
Mayor ( Alcalde ) of Pan de Azúcar is Miguel Plada .
sons and daughters of the town
- Pascasio Báez (1925–1971)
- Blanca Luz Brum (1905–1985), poet
- Luis Maidana (born 1934), football player
- City map of Pan de Azúcar - pale yellow on the map (PDF; 273 kB)
- Postcodes of Uruguay on the website of the Uruguayan Post
- Liceos del Uruguay (Spanish) (PDF; 7.3 MB), accessed on February 29, 2012
- Statistical data ( memento of September 7, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay , accessed on September 27, 2012
- Statistical data of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 1963–1996 (DOC; 148 kB)
- Statistical data from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 2004 as an xls file ( Memento from March 9, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- "MUNICIPIOS DE URUGUAY" on the website of the Uruguayan Congress of Directors ( Memento of March 8, 2012 in the Internet Archive )