Gallois studied with Maurice Allard at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse in Paris, where he was awarded the “Premier Prix de basson à l'unanimité” in 1978. Since 1981 he has been a member of the Ensemble intercontemporain . He premiered contemporary key works for bassoon or premiered in French. a. Karlheinz Stockhausen's “In Friendship” (1984 EA) or Luciano Berio's “ Sequence XII ” (1995 UA), which is dedicated to him.
The further development of the contemporary bassoon repertoire is important to him. Composers such as György Kurtág , Olga Neuwirth , Philippe Fénelon, Brice Pauset, Toshio Hosokawa and Mark Andre wrote pieces for him which he published on CDs.
From 1994 to 2000 he was professor at the Paris Conservatoire and from 2001 to 2007 at the Zurich University of Music and Theater . He is also the author of “Die Spieltechnik des Fagotts” on new playing techniques for bassoonists and composers. Since 2002 he has been teaching at the International Music Institute Darmstadt .
- "Dialogues" with works by Boulez, Kurtág, Schoeller (CD)
- "Voyages" with works by Berio, Hosokawa, Schoeller (CD)
- «# 3» with works by Neuwirth, Dai, Fujikura, Mantovi (CD)
- Sequenceas by Berio (CD, Deutsche Grammophon)
- "The playing technique of the bassoon" (book with CDs, Bärenreiter-Verlag )
- Homepage (French, English)
- Internationales Musikinstitut Darmstadt ( Memento from March 10, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- Catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French bassoonist and music teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linselles near Lille|