Peter Collin (* 1967 in Berlin ) is a German legal scholar.
Collin was born in 1967 in Berlin, where he also grew up. From 1987 to 1991 he studied law at the Humboldt University in Berlin ; from 1991 to 1994 he completed his legal clerkship in Berlin. From 1994 to 1999 he received his doctorate with a doctoral scholarship from the Graduate School for European Legal History at the University of Frankfurt a. M. on the subject of "Guardian of the Law" or "Organ of State Government"? Conception, establishment and guidance of the public prosecutor's office by the Prussian Ministry of Justice . From 1997 to 2000 he also worked in business, in a law firm and in a commercial enterprise in Berlin. From 2001 to 2007 he was research assistant to Erk Volkmar Heyen at the chair for public law and European administrative history at the University of Greifswald . He has also been a lecturer there since July 2007. In 2008 he completed his habilitation with a thesis on the law of internal administrative information relationships. Since 2008 he has worked at the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History in Frankfurt am Main . Furthermore, Collin has been a sub-project manager in the Frankfurt LOEWE focus 'Extrajudicial and judicial conflict resolution' since 2012.
His research interests lie in the field of legal and administrative history, administrative organization and administrative science .
Collin is married and has several children.
- “Guardian of the Law” or “Organ of State Government”? Conception, establishment and guidance of the public prosecutor's office by the Prussian Ministry of Justice. From the beginning until 1860 , Frankfurt a. M. 2000.
- as editor together with Thomas Horstmann: The knowledge of the state. History, theory and practice , Baden-Baden 2004, ISBN 3-8329-0889-7 .
- Jurisprudence (= publications of the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History , Vol. 16) (dissertation). Legal book of the year: Neue Juristische Wochenschrift , 2001, p. 3521 f.
- The video surveillance of crime hotspots , in: JuS 2006, pp. 494–497.
- Generation and transfer of state knowledge in the system of administrative law. Edited with Indra Spiecker called Döhmann (= Neue Staatswissenschaften , Vol. 10), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2008, ISBN 978-3-16-149842-8 .
- Literature by and about Peter Collin in the catalog of the German National Library
- Presence on the MPIeR homepage
- Peter Collin on the homepage of the Frankfurt LOEWE focus 'Extrajudicial and judicial conflict resolution'
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|